Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Next Generation Headlights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopefully they'll look something like the Audi A7's LED headlights as a finished product. IMO the headlights are the one thing that look a little antiquated on the Model S for how advanced the rest of the car is. Also the black headlight housing should be an option. IMO the silver ones look too big and tacky on dark colored cars. HUD would be awesome too!

2014-audi-rs7-headlight.jpg

Audi-RS7-3.jpg

This screen shot was just posted by Jalopnik about a hidden easter egg to change the Model S on the suspension screen to the James Bond Lotus submarine...

Bonds Lotus Submarine Is The Best Tesla Model S Easter Egg

What's interesting is this screen shot, where I have added the red outline to draw your attention to two new buttons - REAR FOG and a headlight level adjustment button. Could this be from pre-release software? The owner's name is Raj, wonder if he is a beta tester? Seems to fit with the new headlight assembly pictured at the top of the thread.

npklatfwh3ossh7woieh.jpg

This screen shot was just posted by Jalopnik about a hidden easter egg to change the Model S on the suspension screen to the James Bond Lotus submarine...

Bonds Lotus Submarine Is The Best Tesla Model S Easter Egg

What's interesting is this screen shot, where I have added the red outline to draw your attention to two new buttons - REAR FOG and a headlight level adjustment button. Could this be from pre-release software? The owner's name is Raj, wonder if he is a beta tester? Seems to fit with the new headlight assembly pictured at the top of the thread.

View attachment 73467

And a non existent temperature of "----"

Must be sitting at absolute zero somewhere. Like photoshop.

Fyi that's a euro spec car with those options you highlighted.

I just successfully did it on my Model S 85 with air suspension. Interestingly, when I went to change it back to normal (while still on the suspension screen) I pressed the "T" at the top of the screen to re-enter "007", It then added the 21" wheels to the easter egg. I'm assuming that's a bug...

easter-egg.jpg
wheels2.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Please excuse the bottom 2 images. The uploader was acting strange when I composed that reply. Because I am a new member, it will not let me edit my post to remove them.

Attachments

• IMG_1314.JPG
    IMG_1314.JPG
    519.9 KB · Views: 1,405
  • IMG_1552.JPG
    IMG_1552.JPG
    836 KB · Views: 1,420
One issue with higher complexity lights like LED or laser lights is the outrageous replacement cost after a crash. Model S is already expensive enough to repair.

Very true, however with the new sensor hardware (ultrasonic, radar, camera) and rolling out of firmware upgrades this year, I expect that the likelihood of front end damage will decrease significantly compared to pre-September 2014 Teslas.

The likelihood of major crashes that total the car may not reduce as much, but minor crashes may reduce quite a bit. It will be interesting to see what happens over the next few years.