Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Next-Generation Roadster Spied on Tesla Test Track

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After being placed on display at Tesla’s Palo Alto, Calif. headquarters this week, the next generation Roadster prototype logged some track time in Fremont.

Twitter user Shehryar Khan‏ posted a short clip of the car rolling to a start line. Khan and friends ask “Is he going to launch it?” Seconds later, their oohs, ahs and expletives tell you they’re impressed with the Roadster’s performance.

Tesla says the next Roadster will ship in 2020 with a 0-60 mph time of 1.9 seconds in “Maximum Plaid” mode. While it doesn’t appear the driver on the test track pushed the car to its limit, it’s great to see it out on the road.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Drewflux
Love the response of the photographer. I was thinking that Tesla may consider using custom manufacturing of the body panels to allow high end customers to design the look of the car using a 3-D cad program that customers could interact with. Another option is to ask Open AI to design various body styles with separate Aston Martin, McLaren F-1, Ferrari 308 GT Lotus Esprit and Porsche 911 Turbo (going to miss this design now that it is obsolete) influences or other influences that would be attractive to different customers. High end customers are very finicky about the look of their car. Hence so many different high end sports cars. Never understood the attraction to Maserati though. Must be the interior.

Wish me luck. I am going to need it over the next few days.

• Informative
Reactions: RedOctober
After being placed on display at Tesla’s Palo Alto, Calif. headquarters this week, the next generation Roadster prototype logged some track time in Fremont. Twitter user Shehryar Khan‏ posted a short clip of the car rolling to a start line. Khan and friends ask “Is he going to launch it?” Seconds later, their oohs, ahs and...
Saw that and was hoping for a better video. I think a drone video over the track would be nice.

Last edited by a moderator: