Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Next generation seats - how to tell?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a dividing line (model year, VIN, etc) that tells you if a Model S has the newer "next generation" seats? Most seem to agree that they are pretty comfortable compared to the previous attempt. Can one tell by looking?

Just curious, I am still on the hunt for my perfect (for me) model S, and comfortable seats is near the top of the list. Unfortunately budget won't stretch to new, so I'll want to be sure whatever I get at least has those as an option.

cheers

Quick search with google gave this result, photos of first and second generation and an article about this.

EA35A68E-CB34-4438-BE0B-CAA83F89F10D.jpeg

AE6E93FD-061F-432F-8C45-24182592B7DC.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: ayavner
Here is the best guide on Tesla seats that I've found:

Good overview.

I have the Next Gen seats in my 2016 and while I think they’re better for most people than the early seats (and certainly look better), being very tall I had a hard time finding a comfortable seating position and still don’t really love them.

I’ve had a few short stints in the Premium 2017+ seats and I think they’re better all around for most body types. Certainly more comfortable for me.

Reactions: ayavner