Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Next Generation seats soon to be available for older Model S cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just called my service center (Bellevue, WA) and they confirmed the retrofit is available. For the gray front seats (not performance), they quoted $5860 total; another $2000 or so for the back seats (didn't get an exact quote, since I don't care about them).

I shared this information with my SC in Rockville, MD. They checked on the issue and told me that the retrofit is not available.

BTW just spoke to the service advisor at Palo Alto re retrofit of next gen front seats. There are some technical issues above and beyond just removing and installing the seats and reconnecting some cables. There are subtle differences in airbag configuration which requires different airbag firmware. Once they work through the backlog (as noted by pimp-boy) then they can address 'elective' retrofitting.

You would be better off doing a custom upholstery to the existing seats. you can most likely get them bolstered and textile to be identical to the NG seats for far less.
That was a thought that occurred to me as well. I did some very minimal research on this and didn't find it easy to find a custom shop that would do something like this, however. At least not in Maryland.

Not an awful deal if you get back your base seats, but I'll bet this is an upgrade price and that they keep your original seats.

The cheapest 2014 P85, not plus, here in the Bay Area is listed on CraigsLIst:

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/5111742326.html

For $85K. The rest of the 2014's are all $90+K.

Show me where I can buy a P85+ right now for $60K and I'll do it tomorrow and flip it(figuratively of course).

That was a thought that occurred to me as well. I did some very minimal research on this and didn't find it easy to find a custom shop that would do something like this, however. At least not in Maryland.

This place has always come high recommended, it's right next to the Tysons Corner SC and a mile from my house.

Lims Auto Custom Top & Upholstery

I may drop by for a chat at least, here are a few custom interiors, I want mine in Tan and Suede

White-Red-P85D-TS4-8.jpg

10923394_10153091843053324_9099751254723515309_o.jpg

I know of a very early P85D owner who's car came with the old seats. When the Next Gen seats arrived, even the Tesla Service Center had trouble because of some sort of firmware "mismatch" between the car and the seats.