Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Next Incentive to Buy before end of Q2?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s too soon to tell. Inventory of Model 3’s is extremely low right now. If inventory builds up before June 30 I could see them doing some discounts on inventory models. If not, they may just let the expiration of the $3,750 tax credit drive remaining sales to close out the quarter.

Sound like Elon wants record deliveries...seems like discounts could be epic: Read Tesla CEO Elon Musk's latest email urging employees to improve vehicle deliveries

To: Everybody

Date: May 29, 2019

While our demand is strong, we have a lot of vehicle deliveries to catch up to in order to have a successful quarter.

Starting tomorrow, I will be holding skip-level calls with the America, Asia and Europe delivery teams every 2 days to understand what’s needed to accelerate our rate of deliveries.

We also need to address the total cost of getting a car from our factory to the customer. Last quarter, there were many expedite fees and routing inefficiencies that led to higher than expected delivery costs. This makes it much harder for Tesla to break even.

Per my earlier email, if we execute well, Q2 will be an all-time record for Tesla vehicle deliveries and an awesome victory!

Super excited to make this happen with you!

Maybe it’s my imagination, but did my FSD upgrade drop from 8k to 6k?

Re: inventory cars. I’m excited that inventory is low, and I love seeing Model 3s with new tags.

Not your imagination! There's no post-delivery penalty at the moment. Supposedly part of a plan to simplify the pricing. Who knows if it will stay, though.

As far as software incentives go, I'm really hoping for a "Buy FSD, get AP free" deal. I bought my car right before AP went standard. I wouldn't pay $3,000 for just AP, but I would pay $6,000 for AP and FSD.

I wonder what the new bonus referral program will be (if anything)... 5K miles sounded nice until you found out you had to use them in 6 months. Even with each referral extending it 6 months, that's A LOT of miles to use in just 6-18 months.

‘Deliveries’ are already ordered cars. Not sure you’ll see an epic discount when the orders don’t seem to be the problem.

This.

Orders ain't the problem. Delivery is.

They seem to have plenty of orders- they just still, over 18 months after model 3 started shipping, can't figure out how to deliver them in a timely, affordable, and efficient manner.

Reactions: Nocturnal
Not your imagination! There's no post-delivery penalty at the moment. Supposedly part of a plan to simplify the pricing. Who knows if it will stay, though.

As far as software incentives go, I'm really hoping for a "Buy FSD, get AP free" deal. I bought my car right before AP went standard. I wouldn't pay $3,000 for just AP, but I would pay $6,000 for AP and FSD.

Wont happen. They got massive backlash last time they offered AP+FSD for less than $8k. Keep in mind that there are a lot of people who bought old EAP+FSD for $8k total and it still doesnt do anything extra yet.

I wonder what the new bonus referral program will be (if anything)... 5K miles sounded nice until you found out you had to use them in 6 months. Even with each referral extending it 6 months, that's A LOT of miles to use in just 6-18 months.

5 kmiles never sounded like much to me. The cost at the per kWh rate on Superchargers is $1,400 or at typical electric rates $600. Yeah, I guess you could say that was nice, but not really so much in the grand scheme.

Limiting it to 6 months limits the liability. I'm not sure how they account for "free" Supercharging in their reports, but if it is guaranteed to go away after 6 months (used or unused) the bean counters are much more likely to get behind it.

Wont happen. They got massive backlash last time they offered AP+FSD for less than $8k. Keep in mind that there are a lot of people who bought old EAP+FSD for $8k total and it still doesnt do anything extra yet.

To be fair, EAP does a lot more than AP does. I'm not alone in thinking that $3,000 for Autosteer and TACC is too much. I'd maybe bite if it included the automatic lane change, but to get that my total is $9,000 now.