TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Next OC Tesla Meet Saturday 11/30/2013 @ 1pm

Discussion in 'California' started by Apoclyps, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Apoclyps

Apoclyps Member

Hey OC (and surrounding) Tesla Folks.

The next OC Tesla Meet will be on Saturday November 30th at 1pm. It will be held at the same location as last time (sorry, end of year mad rush at work so don't have much time scoping out new venues and planning, plus it is central, has a lot of parking and decent coffee, and there is a tea shop next door for non-coffee drinkers).

Who: Tesla owners, future owners
    What: Monthly Coffee meet
    Where: Portola Coffee Lab in Costa Mesa off Sunflower and Hyland (map)
    When: Saturday, November 30th at 1pm
    Why: Meet, greet, chat, exchange experience, make new friends

Park between the Paul Mitchell School and the Surfas Culinary District (or just look for all the other Teslas). We will probably chat by the cars for 30 minutes while we wait for people to show up before heading into the OC Mart where the coffee shop is located. We will then try to commandeer a few benches.

FYI: Google maps does not locate the coffee shop correctly

2. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

Ok... I'm planning on being there... This time I'm hoping to leave the Roadster at home (unless my wife decides to join us and drive her car down) and bring my soon to be picked up (in 22 hours) S85 in Blue/Tan (basically Mark's slower, look-alike cousin with Tesla Factory PDC)...

The coffee is good, those that drink their coffee with artificial sweeteners may want to bring their own, they only have Truvia!

If you want to join in on my Model S pickup weekend, check out my blog and/or this thread that I hope to update for this weekend (and I believe Moe is planning on posting the Xpel Ultimate work on my car too...)

3. cb17

cb17 Member

Looking forward to being there!

4. capt601

capt601 Vin02324

Hopefully Anna and I can make it as well. College football Saturdays are always a tough day to do anything in our house.
    Maybe another month I propose a Sunday morning brunch at Bru in lake Forest. I should be able to secure an area of their lot for us all to park. I know the Ferrari group has met up there a few times.

5. Apoclyps

Apoclyps Member

Hey @capt! The inherent problem with gatherings is that they always end up interfering with someone's "religion", whether it be early Sunday morning mass, Sunday afternoon NFL, or Saturday CFB!!! :biggrin: I haven been mixing it between Saturday and Sunday for that reason. I guess, I can try a weekday evening, but then there are those who work religiously...

The Bru Brunch sounds good for a future meet. I am always up for food.

6. Anomaly

Anomaly Member

Hi Everyone!

I am a new PROUD owner!!
    I won't be in town Nov 30th but look forward to seeing you all at the next meet.
    So excited to be part of the TESLA family!

7. Apoclyps

Apoclyps Member

Congrats on your new car!! yeah will be great to meet you and your new car at the next meet (whenever you are able to attend). Drive safe and have fun!

8. Bonlaw

Bonlaw Member

The husband and I won't be able to attend...... Saturday is golf day.
    We had a great time last month and look forward to next months meet up.

Bonnie and Dan. White/tan with white nosecone.

9. capt601

capt601 Vin02324

Congrats Anomaly!

And Anna and I won't be able to make it. I have to fly a trip and will be in palm beach for thanksgiving and the weekend. Have fun all!!

10. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

Have a good trip. I'm still planning on representing Blue/Tan Model S for us!

11. Apoclyps

Apoclyps Member

Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!!! Drive safe and hope to see you on Saturday.

12. Apoclyps

Apoclyps Member

Warning. Parking lot is full. Lots of people out shopping and having lunch. Plus Farmers Market. Hopefully spots open up. A groupin of spots in corner near Stark carpet store.

13. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

Running late. Closer to 120pm for me

14. FANGO

FANGO Active Member

Tried to stop by, was wearing my tesla hat, couldn't find anyone. Next time maybe a more empty parking lot?

15. Mdennick

Mdennick Member

Sorry you missed it FANGO. We were in the southeast corner of the parking lot. The lot was packed so it was hard to find our little corner.

16. Mdennick

Mdennick Member

Apoclyps, Thank you for putting this together. It was great to meet everyone and chat with other Tesla enthusiasts. I'm looking forward to the next event.
    Here are a few pictures I grabbed. There were a few cameras; I'm looking forward to seeing some good pictures posted.

i-N436Xvp-X2.jpg

i-tHPk792-X2.jpg

i-74NWMpq-X2.jpg

i-v36W9t6-X2.jpg

17. Apoclyps

Apoclyps Member

Hi Fango. Sorry we missed you. Had to post a late minute update to our location. Usually not that crowded in there, but with the whole Small Businness Saturday, the Farmers Market, and just people still looking for Black Friday deals, it was a little crazy.

Maybe see you at the next one.

18. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

19. simplesolar

simplesolar Member

It was nice to see everyone again and nice to meet some new people. Definitely should bring some name tags next time.

Danny

20. DBarnett

DBarnett New Member

Proud new owner of a Model S P85 (Pearl White) as of 12/13. Super excited. Would love to get "plugged in" to the group (pun totally intended). What's the best way? When is the next meeet in OC?