Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Next San Diego EVent: Sat, Aug 24, 11a-2pm BBQ @ My House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The "Next San Diego EVent" will be in San Diego, California. All Electric Vehicles and EV industry are invited.

NEW VENUE !!!

At my house in San Diego for a Saturday BBQ... details to follow.

August 24, 2013

TIME CHANGE:

5pm - 8pm

NEMA 14-50 and J1772 on site, 8kW of solar power

To get on (or off) the San Diego EVent email list, send an email to:

[email protected]

Last edited:
Next San Diego EVent will be in San Diego, California. All Electric Vehicles and EV industry are invited.

August 24, 2013

TIME CHANGE:

5pm - 8pm

NEW VENUE !!!

At my house in San Diego for a Saturday BBQ with burger and hot dogs.

12656 Sabre View Cove
San Diego, CA 92128

If you can't find parking in my neighborhood (which we will likely fill up), then please park on Sabre Hill Drive and walk in.

NEMA 14-50 and J1772 on site. There is a free CHAdeMO DC charger about 5 miles away at the Nissan dealer.

Mossy Nissan Poway
14100 Poway Rd
Poway, CA.
1-858-668-3600

To get on (or off) the San Diego EVent email list, send an email to:

[email protected]

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=1265...e+View+Cove,+San+Diego,+California+92128&z=18

MyHouse1.jpg

Last edited:
We should have one or more electric motorcycle / bicycle dealers displaying their wares at my house. Bring your riding gear if you want a test ride. NO BOOZE AND BIKES !!!!

For folks coming from LA / Orange / Ventura / Riverside / San Bernadino counties, please reserve one of the NEMA 14-50's at my house if you need it. Two spots are already reserved for "lesser" EVs (not Tesla).

I have also invited the folks with the off-road electric Baja 1000 racer to bring their car down.

There is an offer for the use of the EVSE at a house in Rancho Bernardo for those coming from out of town for this event.

The house is located 0.5 mile off the Rancho Bernardo Road exit on I-15. He would be happy to shuttle people between my house and his while your vehicles is charging.

Some of the displays at our EVent on Saturday:

San Diego BMW Motorcycles - Brammo Electric Bikes !!! Test ride one (bring your riding gear)
Brammo (Electric) :: Motorcycles :: San Diego BMW Motorcycles

San Diego Electric Bike - Prodeco bikes... Test ride one !!!
San Diego Electric Bike - Quality, Performance, Price, Prodeco

Torq EV - you have to see this to believe it !!!
TORQ Roadster

Baker Electric Solar - these guys put in my system 2 years ago and they pay me $400 every time a referral buys their system, so I'm pretty much a shameless salesman here ;-)
http://www.bakerelectricsolar.com/

Last edited:
If you are arriving in an oil burner vehicle, please park it on Sabre Hill Drive and walk in to the neighborhood. Thanks.

Hamburgers, hotdogs, plus:

- brownies, chocolate chip bars, spinach dip, artichoke dip, crab ball, macaroni salad and baked beans, lemon cupcakes, sweet meatballs, deviled eggs, and marmalade covered Brie! No one should leave hungry.