Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Next Software Update - features that will be included (rumor for now)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

JoshG

Jun 23, 2011
I received some information today that the next major software release will include the following new features:

- Wifi connectivity
- v1 Summon capability
- Rear seat heater control (Yes, this confirms the Model 3 does have rear seat heaters, probably as part of premium upgrade package)
- Calendar integration similar to Model S/X
- Auto high beams
- Auto windshield wipers
- CHAdeMO charging capability
- Owner's Manual on screen (like Model S/X)
- Release Notes displayed on screen for this update and all others going forward

My information is that all of these were coming in ONE single big release, scheduled for sometime in next few weeks, but no specific roll-out date was specified.

Please don't ask "does it also have {X}?" I have no other information... I listed everything I know/heard/saw above.

My fingers are crossed that this is accurate and that it's coming very soon - that list of features will be a big improvement in overall UI and ownership experience.

Fine to discard this as hopeful "fake news" or just unreliable speculation given my inability to disclose any information about my source or point to any information online. No warranty expressed or implied.

Call it a prediction and time will tell if I was right (either well-informed or got lucky with a pure guess), or wrong (had an unreliable source, or I'm just a complete bullsh***er). That said, you can peruse my history on these forums and at least see that I don't have a history of posting wild rumors or deliberately trolling people here.

p.s. Yeah, like you other current Model 3 owners, I was hoping it would include rear camera improvements, but that was not on the list. Note, however, that the list was described as new features/functionality, and therefore rightly might NOT include things that would be called a "fix". I have no info about "fixes" that may be in this release. So I'm hopeful that backup-camera improvements will be in this release too.

@Andrew reported here that it was enabled in his car. Maybe you just need the latest update?

Sorry for the false alarm on that! Took delivery today with version 2017.46.15 and the scheduled charging toggle was working on the screen (though I didn't actually test it to see if it really worked). Updated to 2017.48.15 shortly after I got home, and now scheduled charging is grayed out.

• Informative
Reactions: UZJedi
Auto wipers is already in the latest update (.15). Tested it today, worked ok.

Edit: just went out and checked. Scheduled charging is NOT in .15.
Maybe this has been dealt with in another topic, but how do you change the sensitivity of auto wipers? I couldn't find it in the manual. In the model S I saw some videos showing this could be done by turning the stalk. How about the 3?

I received some information today that the next major software release will include the following new features:

- Wifi connectivity
- v1 Summon capability
- Rear seat heater control (Yes, this confirms the Model 3 does have rear seat heaters, probably as part of premium upgrade package)
- Calendar integration similar to Model S/X
- Auto high beams
- Auto windshield wipers
- CHAdeMO charging capability
- Owner's Manual on screen (like Model S/X)
- Release Notes displayed on screen for this update and all others going forward

My information is that all of these were coming in ONE single big release, scheduled for sometime in next few weeks, but no specific roll-out date was specified.

Please don't ask "does it also have {X}?" I have no other information... I listed everything I know/heard/saw above.

My fingers are crossed that this is accurate and that it's coming very soon - that list of features will be a big improvement in overall UI and ownership experience.

Fine to discard this as hopeful "fake news" or just unreliable speculation given my inability to disclose any information about my source or point to any information online. No warranty expressed or implied.

Call it a prediction and time will tell if I was right (either well-informed or got lucky with a pure guess), or wrong (had an unreliable source, or I'm just a complete bullsh***er). That said, you can peruse my history on these forums and at least see that I don't have a history of posting wild rumors or deliberately trolling people here.

p.s. Yeah, like you other current Model 3 owners, I was hoping it would include rear camera improvements, but that was not on the list. Note, however, that the list was described as new features/functionality, and therefore rightly might NOT include things that would be called a "fix". I have no info about "fixes" that may be in this release. So I'm hopeful that backup-camera improvements will be in this release too.

I want to believe.

Reactions: rabar10