Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Next step in reservation process?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Wondering if anyone can share their thoughts with what will happen next in the Model 3 reservation process?

Will there be a roadshow around Australia with prototypes to test drive? I'm assuming things will really only start to happen late 2017?

Next steps are tweets from Elon until the second announcement next year, then production, followed by US deliveries and user reviews on YouTube. 2017 deliveries may only be to Tesla employees and maybe some current tesla owners.

Au will not see anything till at least end 2018 and probably much latter depending on how many global reservations they plan to fill before launching. If they plan to fill all US before OS it may not leave US till 2019. I am guessing they had only planned to produce about 100K in 2018, 200K in 2019 and 500k in 2020. As Elon tweeted they need to revisit production plan and this must be to try and ramp faster. My guess is they will try and setup OS manufacturing quicker and gig 2

Watch the X as it has not launched outside US yet and not due into AU till late this year and could slip to next year I guess.

Last report is 230,000 reservations. Wouldn't mind betting aus is a very small percentage in that number, so next step is to learn patience and wait 3 to 4 years, as just like the s and x, we are a small market that will be tapped when the big market slows.

Last report is 230,000 reservations. Wouldn't mind betting aus is a very small percentage in that number, so next step is to learn patience and wait 3 to 4 years, as just like the s and x, we are a small market that will be tapped when the big market slows.

It's not just the relative size of the US market to Aussie market it is also the fact that cars leaving the factory can be delivered to the customer pretty much anywhere in the US within a week, whereas it takes a couple of months to get them to a customer in Australia. When the stock market is looking at number of cars delivered it is a very important difference.