Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Next step to fix a door ding

ejkcy25

Aug 13, 2020
Orlando
Hey everyone!
Someone opened their car door too hard and dinged my car :(

Should I go to a local body shop to get it fixed or the Tesla body shop?

Anyone have previous experience with similar incidents and what they did?

On a side note... anyone have any similar experience with their trim above the wheel looking like mine in the pic? It’s the only one that has that white residue look. None of my other wheel trims have it.

Attachments

• 1CFEAB00-A621-4E4B-B54F-21A355F983E2.jpeg
    1CFEAB00-A621-4E4B-B54F-21A355F983E2.jpeg
    396.1 KB · Views: 17

jcanoe

Oct 2, 2020
Maryland
I'm stuck on the chip in the paint. Have you tried a small amount of dish washing detergent and water on a microfiber cloth to see if the white residue comes off?

jcanoe

Oct 2, 2020
Maryland
I have and sadly the residue returns after it dries up :(
Time to raise the bar. I would try some Windex on a clean cloth or paper towel. If this is a wax residue the ammonia in Windex will remove the wax. If an ammonia based cleaner such as Windex does not work then there are automotive trim restorer products. See Mother's Back to Black restorer. Also see Chemical Guys Car Wax and Oil Remover.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC