Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Next Steps Final Payment Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all! I got an email saying to complete the final payment for next steps. I log into my account, but there is not place to enter my bank info. I've been waiting for a VIN. I'm in LA, and I ordered a SR at the end of March btw. If anyone could help out that would be great! Also the EDD kept changing from June 19-25 to now saying 9-13 weeks.
I was expecting the car early in June, but now I realize the order estimate can't be trusted from what I've read here lol. I already returned my previous car. I don't mind waiting, but I just realistically need to plan out a temporary car for work. Thanks!

SAME! (Model 3 SR+/Deep Blue Metallic/Autopilot included/Black interior/Stock tires/Lease) Order date 5/15/2021 to Marina Del Rey, CA.

Original EDD vacillated between June 20-30 and June 19-30. Now to 9-13 weeks. The Tesla goddesses have frowned upon me.

Woke up this morning to a soul-eviscerating email the same as yours (attached) which looks like what I received upon order. My account doesn't even have any other "next steps" options, since I've completed all pre-delivery tasks.

Text my SA, we'll see if?/when he replies.

Please tell me a truck carrying ours cars didn't fall a hellmouth crevasse or something, I can't take this!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 9.59.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 9.59.27 AM.png
    299.2 KB · Views: 190
MY SA ANSWERED MOI!!! Hopefully this applies to all:

"It was an auto generated email by our system dont worry about it. You should be taking delivery at the end of the month. Once you get a vin you can complete your payment in the same place you applied for financing in your account.

It should be here in a week or 2".

WE'RE BACK IN BUSINESS, BABY!

MY SA ANSWERED MOI!!! Hopefully this applies to all:

"It was an auto generated email by our system dont worry about it. You should be taking delivery at the end of the month. Once you get a vin you can complete your payment in the same place you applied for financing in your account.

It should be here in a week or 2".

WE'RE BACK IN BUSINESS, BABY!
Yea my SA just got back to me, and I also got an email from Tesla it was a system wide glitch. Aw it got our hopes up!
I'm starting to get frustrated because I ordered mid-March, and there's people getting VINs before me :( Hope we all get our new cars soon!

Yea my SA just got back to me, and I also got an email from Tesla it was a system wide glitch. Aw it got our hopes up!
I'm starting to get frustrated because I ordered mid-March, and there's people getting VINs before me :( Hope we all get our new cars soon!
Yes, I received the same emails.

When's your EDD and what's your configuration?

I read somewhere in the forums that Californians are last to receive their cars. According to the poster, the closer you are to the factory, the longer the delivery time.

Also, if you're getting the stock/lower-end configuration, sounds like you receive your car last as well.

I believe that despite your order date, Tesla delivers at the end of the quarter. Whatever the case, I stopped stalking the Google sheet, seeing that other Angelenos who ordered after me have had their babies before me. Foments too much anxiety.

Im personally not making final payment until I look the car over and it passes the inspection. I don’t care if after that it takes two more days process the payment and the car sits. Part of their scam IMO to jack up production and revenue numbers end of quarter for reporting in first week of July.

My delivery appt. Is the 27th. Haven’t entered anything for bank info yet.

mince they show me the actual car and the correct VIN and all is good, then they get the money.

Reactions: id436eg9045