TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Next to Highland Park IL location!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by sandman900ss, Mar 4, 2014.

1. sandman900ss

sandman900ss Member

I'm not an owner yet, but am sold on Tesla. I just recently went through the complete buying and delivery process with him from start to finish. Luckily we live within 5 minutes of the new location in Highland Park, IL.
    Great facility with great staff- they were very helpful and patient. Looking forward to gaining even more insights and knowledge on this wonderful site.

- - - Updated - - -

Oops, meant to say I went through the process with my friend who just bought a gray P85.

2. Al Sherman

Al Sherman It's about THIS car.

3. sandman900ss

sandman900ss Member

I thought it was incredibly thoughtful that someone was able to relay a special situation with this buyer, and the man himself took a second to sign the driver's visor.

IMG_8224_zpsd86b6a62.jpg

4. hrtchkr

hrtchkr Member

What's the story behind the signature (if you are able to say)?

5. sandman900ss

sandman900ss Member

Health issue.

+ Karma energy benefit credits to Mr. Musk for a small, but greatly appreciated, act of human kindness on his part.

6. sandman900ss

sandman900ss Member

#6 sandman900ss, Apr 4, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
    My best friend Michael (he was the Tesla owner) passed away last night. He died wearing the white Tesla shirt I had gifted him for what was his last birthday. Sadly, he did not get to enjoy his new Model S as much as he deserved to. He included me in the complete experience and I'll never forget the time I was allowed to drive it and the rides we shared.

I firmly believe that his dream of ownership and the anticipation of the car gave him a good extra month of living. And I'll always hold Elon in the highest regard as a caring human being for seeing that he received his car along with a personally signed driver's sun visor (my avatar).

I'll think of my friend every time I see a Model S pass by me.

Goodbye, my brother.

IMG_8236.JPG

7. CalDreamin

CalDreamin Member

sandman900ss, My condolences on the loss of your good friend Michael. Elon's personal effort for Michael is truly touching.

8. Nicoletta

Nicoletta Member

@Sandman900ss, may Michael rest in peace. I'm sure your friendship meant a lot to him in the end, love and caring for others is what life is all about.

9. hrtchkr

hrtchkr Member

So sad to hear about your friend. My condolences.

10. ModelX

ModelX Active Member

My condolences on your loss. I am glad your friend was able to enjoy the Model S before his death.

11. andrewket

andrewket Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing the story. Maybe there is a way for you to keep your friend's model S? It sounds like he would want it to go to a friend who would appreciate it as much as he did.

12. Plug Me In

Plug Me In Member

My condolences on the loss of your friend. My father died last year and the last time I saw him shortly before he died, he showed me a '63 Chevy Nova that he'd been talking with a guy about buying over the internet, shipping, etc. He'd always wanted one; alas he never got it. I'm glad your buddy got to enjoy his Tesla.