Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Next "version" of Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It brings up a good point that isn't talked about much. How many have "stretched" financially to buy a Model S? I don't have data, but it seems like a decent percentage would, being how desirable it is as the only high-performance EV on the market the last few years. These types of buyers will obviously choose the less expensive Model 3.
Uhhh...Meeeee!

Reactions: gavine
What luxury touches?

I think the argument of the BMW 7 series vs 3 series doesn't make sense. The 7 series is a true luxury car that is noticeably superior to the 3 series. The S is a little bigger, slightly more range, slightly more acceleration, and basically same interior...don't get me wrong, I think it's superior to the 3, but not worth $100k+
You simply can't throw around a $100K price tag argument because it helps your case. The brand new Model S I'm picking up tomorrow, was $69,500 with an upgrade color, unlimited SC and the referral discount.

The S is a little bigger, slightly more range, slightly more acceleration, and basically same interior...don't get me wrong, I think it's superior to the 3, but not worth $100k+
No, it's a LOT bigger. It's a FOOT longer lol. That's a mile in car length terms. That's the size difference between an Audi A4 and an Audi A7, two very different cars.

Not basically the same interior. Materials are noticeably nicer in thr model S than the model 3. Not to mention the huge legroom difference.

Model S will trounced a model 3 in acceleration. The slowest new model S is a 75D and its plenty fast, reaching 60 mph in about 4 seconds flat. A model 3 will take another 1.5 seconds to do that. In the 1/4 mile a model S base model 75D will be about 15 car lengths ahead of the model 3. In what world is that 'about the same'?

A model S 75D is nowhere near $100,000. It's more like about $80,000 nicely equipped. A loaded model 3 will be about $60,000.

The difference is $20,000.

Another question is though, does anyone really like HUDs? I'm not a big fan. I prefer a nice sharp instrument cluster display like the one in the Model S. I feel the HUDs need to be bigger and more relevant. The current one like in the S class is kind of gimmicky IMHO
I had two BMW X5's, one with heads up and one without. Once you get used to seeing the speed limit, call ID, Radio station, MPH etc, right in front office you it's definitely a let down to drive the one without. The only negative was polarized sunglasses hurt the heads up visibility unless you tilt your head.

I had two BMW X5's, one with heads up and one without. Once you get used to seeing the speed limit, call ID, Radio station, MPH etc, right in front office you it's definitely a let down to drive the one without. The only negative was polarized sunglasses hurt the heads up visibility unless you tilt your head.
I totally agree .. Have a deposit on the 3 went and test drove the "S" and then really looked at the interior of both cars. I just like the two displays vs the odd set up of the 3 where the screen seems like and after thought not built into the dash which I'm sure I would get used too but the "S" interior in my opinion is just a cleaner more aesthetically pleasing and of course incredible fast! I have no remorse switching from 3 to S and now my wife who thought I lost my mind spending that much now says" you need to start working over time" cause I may want the 3!!!

After putting down a reservation on Model 3 on the day of the unveil, I was able to dismiss all the anti-selling that Elon was doing and thought the cost of Model S compared to Model 3 couldn't be justified. I waited for a year already and could easily wait another until delivery. It's funny how that all changes once I saw just how spacious it was and the test drive just clinched it.

Once Model 3's are available for test drives, it'll be interesting to see if sales reps will convince potential buyers to take Model S for a test drive as well just to compare. I'm sure they'll be able to convince more than a few people to get Model S with direct side by side comparison.

Reactions: bnsfengineer