Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nextgen seat retrofit on p85+?

sigurdeg

Oct 22, 2019
Hobøl
I have a p85 + with the gray interior with first gen seats, but would like to upgrade to nextgens for more comfort and better corner support. I feel like the old seats make the car feel "heavier" in corners. We have one x and a new s in the family, and even the x feels tighter in the corners.
The other day I came across this wrecked 2015 p85d with the nextgen sets in my exact gray interior color. I didn't even know they still made that interior color scheme for the newer cars, but I guess they did. They want $1400 for both front and rear seats, including shipping witch i belive is a pretty good deal. I read somewhere on a Norwegian forum that the p85d's that was made before September 2015 has the same contacts as in the previous cars, and that it is essentially plug and play. Is this correct?

sigurdeg

Oct 22, 2019
Hobøl
-Also, is it possible to retrofit the rear nextgen seats too? I am afraid if i don't, the seats won't be the exact same color and it might look off compared to the front seats(?)

sigurdeg

Oct 22, 2019
Hobøl
gray

Attachments

• gray nextgen seats.png
    gray nextgen seats.png
    384.3 KB · Views: 13

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC