TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

NextGens Gone?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Skione65, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Skione65

Skione65 Member

Looking at the configurator are the NextGens gone? Also has anyone experienced the difference between the NextGens and the new seats (i.e. Comfort Level)? I believe they're listed as premium?

Ski

2. hmmm

hmmm Member

Curious about this too. Bump.

3. Yinn

Yinn Member

I remember reading an article that said they were insourcing their seats. The premiums are most likely the next gen replacements. The pictures look similar with large bolsters and support.

4. Steve1081

Steve1081 Member

Yes, next gen were replaced with premium. The premium are essentially model X seats. So I presume it saves costs by having them all the same.

5. andrewket

andrewket Well-Known Member

NextGen seats were made by recaro. Premium is made by Tesla. Imho, having now owned Teslas with all 3 seats variants, I much prefer the premium.

6. HX_Guy

HX_Guy Member

I tried both the NextGen (in a floor model Model S) and the Premium (in the Model X) and much prefered the NextGen, so much for that it was the deciding factor of going with an Inventory car vs custom build.

The NextGen were noticeably sportier, more bolstered, especially the seat/thigh bolsters. The Premium did seem slightly more comfortable from a softness level, but I love the way the NextGen hold you.

The big difference however was the wear. The Premium looked terrible, the seat area was very wrinkled/warped and I have a feeling it was due to the perforations since the surface isn't as "rigid".

7. gotz2ride

gotz2ride Member

Im looking to get rid of my next gen seats

Im looking to get rid of my next gen seats. The silver or gray not sure what its considered (2015 85d)