TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

NH Delivery at Mt Kisco, NY

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Nb1277, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Nb1277

Nb1277 Member

I live in NH where there is no sales tax. My ISA stated I can pick up at Mt. Kisco, NY but wouldn’t that result in having to pay NY sales tax? If not, why couldn’t I pick up in MA instead, which is closer?

2. glide

glide Member

No.

Because Massachusetts is California Jr and they think they have a right to tax you for anything and everything purchased or delivered within state lines.

3. CCIE

CCIE Member

I’m a CT resident and am picking up at Mt Kisco. They had me fill out a form for NY sales tax exemption.

4. ravejads.tmc

ravejads.tmc Member

I live in NH as well and have been given Mt. Kisco as the delivery location so I am curious how you ended up taking delivery. Did you go to Mt. Kisco or did you have it trucked to you in NH?

5. KiddFunkadelic

Is this a CT thing? And/or was this done at the delivery center? I'm also picking up at Mt Kisco and from NH.

Driving down the 3 1/2 hours via rental car around 11/13. Still haven't heard a response on whether they will cover the rental cost which I priced out yesterday to around $165 (which is more than double the cost of returning to the same location).

6. surfrasch

surfrasch Member

This is funny.....I’m in NH also and they told me I have to do home delivery. I was contacted I think Friday via email by a home delivery advisor for New England, go figure?

7. ravejads.tmc

ravejads.tmc Member

I met someone a couple of months ago who lives in NH (up past the notch I think) and said he drove to Mt Kisco to take delivery so I know that is an option in addition to home delivery. I've been given a VIN and am in the process of deciding if it's worth driving down and back to get the car a few weeks early or not.

FWIW, my delivery advisor said "We do provide the one way rental for picking up in Mt.Kisco" when I asked about that.