Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NH Seacoast - No garage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
Just wondering if you think this might work. I live in Seabrook Beach where we get a lot of wind, snow and rain, and of course it gets really cold. I have no garage and the X would have to be parked next to the house. Two questions:
1 - How do you think the X will behave with no garage and outside all the time especially in the winter.
2 - What are you thoughts on the Tesla Home Charger. Do you think they are a theft target, as it would be pretty visible from the street.
Thanks so much!
Paul from Seabrook Beach

They could really only take the short part plugged into the wall as the charger and cable is locked into the charge port. The X will do just fine outside and cold. Many people in Scandinavia have Tesla's and leave them parked outside. The charger will keep the battery warm. I have been on trips where I had to leave mine outside well below freezing and not plugged in and aside from the limited regen when starting out no issues. I would still be concerned and would try to park so the charge port was on the house side for limited viewing.

They could really only take the short part plugged into the wall as the charger and cable is locked into the charge port. The X will do just fine outside and cold. Many people in Scandinavia have Tesla's and leave them parked outside. The charger will keep the battery warm. I have been on trips where I had to leave mine outside well below freezing and not plugged in and aside from the limited regen when starting out no issues. I would still be concerned and would try to park so the charge port was on the house side for limited viewing.
Thank you, your comments are very helpful.

Hi,
Just wondering if you think this might work. I live in Seabrook Beach where we get a lot of wind, snow and rain, and of course it gets really cold. I have no garage and the X would have to be parked next to the house. Two questions:
1 - How do you think the X will behave with no garage and outside all the time especially in the winter.
2 - What are you thoughts on the Tesla Home Charger. Do you think they are a theft target, as it would be pretty visible from the street.
Thanks so much!
Paul from Seabrook Beach
I owned a MS that lived outside in Cambridge. It was a challenge but can be done.

Best advice I can give is get a proper car cover and leave it plugged in.

In Maine winter after driving on salted roads the parking brake pads will often stick to the rotors and noisily separate when moving after parked. I suppose that could be harming the pads but they last so long anyway it has not been an issue. Newer cars do not have a separate parking brake so maybe not an issue for you.
Preheat is your friend.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 person