Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NH State Inspection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've searched the forum and google and most threads discussing where to get an inspection in NH are from 2016/early 2017. I'm wondering if anyone more recent can chime in on where they brought theirs in NH? Manchester/Salem area preferred but will head over to Nashua if Tully is still the only recommendation.

I keep forgetting to get it done and would like to trust a shop that will even know how to drive it.

My last car was a Nissan and I was used to going to the Nissan dealership in Nashua for inspections, so I just took my Tesla there. They have the Nissan Leaf, so Nissan dealerships are used to electric cars. They were super great about it - everyone wanted to see the Model 3 for themselves. There is a discounted price for electric car inspections as there is no emissions testing. I was prepared to show them how to operate the car, but they had already done a couple of Teslas and had no problems. I would just take it to your local Nissan place. Most likely any garage or dealership that does inspections would work too. If they have problems figuring out how to turn on the headlights, etc., they can just ask you.

I got mine done at Steve King's on Main Street in Nashua. I was their first Model 3. They had a heck of a time trying to override the computer's desire for an OBD port - even calling both the state AND the company leasing the computer to them (nobody knew anything on either of those calls - the company owner said he was going to "look for a techie").

They eventually found the override and, after that, did my car quickly and easily.

I got an inspection for my model 3 at audi in stratham nh.
No problem with no obd2 port.
$25 dollars.
Didn't put it up on the lift.
They said they had done a number of tesla vehicles before.
They even sold a tesla S a while back.

Reactions: chjch
I've searched the forum and google and most threads discussing where to get an inspection in NH are from 2016/early 2017. I'm wondering if anyone more recent can chime in on where they brought theirs in NH? Manchester/Salem area preferred but will head over to Nashua if Tully is still the only recommendation.

I keep forgetting to get it done and would like to trust a shop that will even know how to drive it.

Did you find any alternative places you would recommend?

Check out Duncan's European Automotive in Londonderry. Owner Ben is a Tesla owner and a great guy. I've had my Model 3 NH Inspections, tire rotations, alignments, and wheel road rash repairs done there. I always feel like my car is in good hands when I bring it in.
The owner posted in the other NH inspection thread - State Inspection in NH

Mods, we have 2 NH inspection threads going - can they be merged?

EDIT - for people in the Upper Valley, I've used Wilson Tire in Lebanon for inspections and tire purchases for all of my vehicles, including the S. They have several Tesla customers.

I've gotten a sticker from Kruczek's in Newmarket and they had no issues with my Model 3. They do a lot of towing for AAA and probably Tesla Roadside Assistance as well so they are somewhat familiar with them.

The Volvo dealership in Exeter sells used Teslas so I imagine they would know how to do basic service and state inspection.

Status
Not open for further replies.