TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

NH State Inspection

Discussion in 'New England' started by Kelmn07, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Kelmn07

Kelmn07 Member

I've searched the forum and google and most threads discussing where to get an inspection in NH are from 2016/early 2017. I'm wondering if anyone more recent can chime in on where they brought theirs in NH? Manchester/Salem area preferred but will head over to Nashua if Tully is still the only recommendation.

I keep forgetting to get it done and would like to trust a shop that will even know how to drive it.

2. WhiteMountains

My last car was a Nissan and I was used to going to the Nissan dealership in Nashua for inspections, so I just took my Tesla there. They have the Nissan Leaf, so Nissan dealerships are used to electric cars. They were super great about it - everyone wanted to see the Model 3 for themselves. There is a discounted price for electric car inspections as there is no emissions testing. I was prepared to show them how to operate the car, but they had already done a couple of Teslas and had no problems. I would just take it to your local Nissan place. Most likely any garage or dealership that does inspections would work too. If they have problems figuring out how to turn on the headlights, etc., they can just ask you.

3. Kelmn07

Kelmn07 Member

Of course - makes perfect sense to bring it to a Nissan dealership (and why others went to Tully). Not sure why I hadn't thought about that before posting. Thanks!

4. djplong

djplong Member

I got mine done at Steve King's on Main Street in Nashua. I was their first Model 3. They had a heck of a time trying to override the computer's desire for an OBD port - even calling both the state AND the company leasing the computer to them (nobody knew anything on either of those calls - the company owner said he was going to "look for a techie").

They eventually found the override and, after that, did my car quickly and easily.

5. ModelNforNerd

ModelNforNerd Active Member

Must be nice. In MA, you pay the full $35, even though you're out of there 5 minutes faster than an ICE.

:(

6. Kelmn07

Kelmn07 Member

It all evens out. You get a $2,500 rebate, we don't pay tax...no service center here, etc.

• Like x 1
  7. Rsdavis9

Rsdavis9 Member

I got an inspection for my model 3 at audi in stratham nh.
    No problem with no obd2 port.
    $25 dollars.
    Didn't put it up on the lift.
    They said they had done a number of tesla vehicles before.
    They even sold a tesla S a while back.

• Like x 1