Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NHTSA asks Tesla to recall 158,000 [now 135,000] vehicles for eMMC failure. Voluntary Recall issued

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Need to reset the clock to zero days again. The new MCU2 gave me the black-screen-of-death last night while I was driving.
Whatever is fundamentally wrong has not been fixed -- or maybe something new is wrong. Put in for service, hopinh that I get a decent tech that will do the troubleshooting and not shrug and walk away.

Some have suggested that the eMMC is only part of the problem, and recent firmware is causing issues I really hope that is not the case, and that in your situation, you just got a bad case of infant mortality....

I'd sure like to opt out of all this nonsense and go back to V8....

They wont even schedule the emmc replacement though, that is what I was trying to do. They just keep saying "the logs don't show anything" like what are they expecting the log to show? It's a hardware failure lol. Everything is going to report normally.
The logs will show write failures to the eMMC. It can also count the number of bad blocks. Apparently you don't have either of these problems so eMMC is not the problem.
Clear nav and trip history.

The logs will show write failures to the eMMC. It can also count the number of bad blocks. Apparently you don't have either of these problems so eMMC is not the problem.
Clear nav and trip history.

I know you mean well, but I’ve noticed you keep advising owners to “Clear nav and trip history”. Even if that might be a workaround in some cases and to some extent it is not the solution to the root cause of this issue. Why should any owner be put in a position to “Clear nav and trip history” in order to camouflage the real issue?

I know you mean well, but I’ve noticed you keep advising owners to “Clear nav and trip history”. Even if that might be a workaround in some cases and to some extent it is not the solution to the root cause of this issue. Why should any owner be put in a position to “Clear nav and trip history” in order to camouflage the real issue?

I thought he was just joking. If serious lmao. We found elons burner account

He said he was "stuck". That is a temporary fix.
The permanent fix is a new eMMC or MCU2

I always keep my trip history clear as it is, I think I have 8 items in my history right now and 5 in favorite.

I find it hard to believe it isn't related to the eMMC because I have every symptom, but Tesla insists its fine and it reporting no errors (lol)

They told me every time it happens to hit the voice command button say bug report and then say what happened. That will give them a time stamped log to look at when diagnosing.

I always keep my trip history clear as it is, I think I have 8 items in my history right now and 5 in favorite.

I find it hard to believe it isn't related to the eMMC because I have every symptom, but Tesla insists its fine and it reporting no errors (lol)

They told me every time it happens to hit the voice command button say bug report and then say what happened. That will give them a time stamped log to look at when diagnosing.
That “bug report” doesn’t actually go anywhere. Ideally yes it should work that way. But doesnt. I was told by the tech to message them thorough the app every single time it happens and ask them to immediately pull logs. Took my “fine” car home Friday night. Mcu went down the following day during a drive. I messaged them. They’re looking at the logs now.

anyone know why they asked if I keep anything g metal in my glovebox, frunk or trunk? (I don’t my car is empty and don’t even own a metal key for anything) just seems like an office question to pose.

• Informative
Reactions: Droschke
That “bug report” doesn’t actually go anywhere. Ideally yes it should work that way. But doesnt. I was told by the tech to message them thorough the app every single time it happens and ask them to immediately pull logs. Took my “fine” car home Friday night. Mcu went down the following day during a drive. I messaged them. They’re looking at the logs now.

anyone know why they asked if I keep anything g metal in my glovebox, frunk or trunk? (I don’t my car is empty and don’t even own a metal key for anything) just seems like an office question to pose.
They're making sure you don't have firearms in your car - as all of your issues would push some folks over the edge.

Or - on a more serious note - it could be there's a belief / thought that a strong magnetic field may be affecting things ?

They're making sure you don't have firearms in your car - as all of your issues would push some folks over the edge.

Or - on a more serious note - it could be there's a belief / thought that a strong magnetic field may be affecting things ?
Unless the tire warranty papers are telling the MCU to be as crappy as the tread life of my tires this go around I don’t know. The odd thing is that my car was just there for two days. Unless they assumed my clean car (on the inside) was just left that way for them.

Well I'll assume that comment had a hint of sarcasm in there. Farts, fireplaces and games we can't play aren't exactly cutting edge new features especially when so many other functions remain half implemented or just plain broken.

I realize the fluff isn’t useful for most. Like your examples. And I agree. But they did add other stuff too - like dash cam, sentry mode, bigger maps (of course love it or leave it), Hulu/Netflix/YouTube, etc, climate keeper/dog mode (sure, hopefully low impact, but...)

They could have (should have?) said buy a new car or mcu.

running dash cam definitely causes my car console to crash more. ESP along with streaming audio.