TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Nice Christmas surprise?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by pcons, Dec 19, 2019.

1. pcons

pcons M3 AWD+

Hope this is true, and comes out soon:

Tesla leaks 'Acceleration Boost' upgrade - Electrek

Xmas gift (you have to pay for) from Elon for my AWD and PAWS brothers and sisters :cool:

Checked my account and I see the option to buy for 2700 CAD.....oh what to do????? :eek::eek::eek:

Screenshot_20191219-030507.png

2. 5_+JqckQttqck

5_+JqckQttqck Active Member

P3D- Stealth unlock?

3. pcons

pcons M3 AWD+

Looks like it would get halfway there. P3d is at ~3.2 s now. This would bring AWD+ (what it seems to be referred to as in other threads) to around 3.6-3.7. I'm gonna pick it up for sure, but have a service credit I want to apply against the price so waiting to hear what that process is. Otherwise I'd already have ponied up to Mr Musk more of my $ :cool:

There's mixed info on if RWD can buy this. Do you see an option to buy?

4. webbah

webbah Member

The P has a different rear motor so not the same, but the best they can squeeze out of the 980/990 motor for you.

5. malou

malou Member

FYI, not available for (my) SR+

• Informative x 1
  6. 5_+JqckQttqck

#6 5_+JqckQttqck, Dec 19, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
    Do not see an upgrades tab/section for the 3LR, I have FSD purchased. Lets hope it's included :)?

upload_2019-12-19_10-27-1.png

7. pcons

pcons M3 AWD+

Through the web login right? Not the app...I think in the states people can see it in the tesla app, but I don't. I think we need an app update for that. But I do see it in my tesla account when I log in.

8. 5_+JqckQttqck

PC, Windows Edge :|

• Informative x 1
  9. Funkmobile

Funkmobile Member

...Waiting for patiently the for Ludicrous unlock for P3D...:p

• Like x 2
  10. bijan

bijan Member

Latest iOS has it available for purchase in the app, android too apparently but that one's not in wide release yet.

11. Alex_San

Alex_San Member

Just updated my Android app, I see the upgrade available...
    I don't need it, I don't need it, I don't need it...

• Funny x 4
  12. pcons

pcons M3 AWD+

No one needs it.....but we all want it :). I just wish I wasn't on a work trip. Also waiting to hear back if I can use part of my service centre credit to buy this....otherwise I'd have already paid in full...

13. Chetanh

Chetanh Member

Is this upgrade only for AWD. Hae an SR+ and logged into the app. The only upgrade i see is FSD for 9200.
    Nothing on the mytesla web page though.

14. pcons

pcons M3 AWD+

Looks like some RWD and SR+ owners reported seeing greyed out option which later disappeared. So it looks like the answer is no for now....but you'll likely get the option for heated rear seats soon....my best guess is also for a paid upgrade....but that's not based on anything.

15. Alex_San

Alex_San Member

If you buy this, don't forget to tell your insurance company...

• Like x 1
  16. 5_+JqckQttqck

TD refuses to acknowledge the upgrade to the car. They think it's an "Aftermarket" part :rolleyes:

• Like x 1
  17. pcons

pcons M3 AWD+

So I bought it last night. Also, the android version of the tesla app is now updated so you can purchase through the app.

You definitely feel the improved power. I charged to 90% and did some before/after runs with the battery at around 40C. Not fully scientific but I do have a canbus reader with scanmytesla. Measured 4.5-4.2s 0-100 km/h before and after 3.9-3.5s. Obviously there is a pretty big margin of error there, but it for sure pulls harder.

Whether it's worth it is up to you and if you have some extra cash. I wouldn't dip into the kids college fund for this, but if you wished you had the chance to buy a P3D- and couldn't stomach the 20k hit you would take trading in (assuming you could even find a P3D-), this is pretty good value.

Plus my gut says this purchase won't be a one time thing and I'm hoping this will lead to further improvements down the road, just like how FSD adds more features as they come available....

But of course, YMMV....

18. TheWulf

TheWulf Member

AFAIK insurance companies don't even distinguish AWD from P3D. At least Bel-air doesn't. They just see both as `85D`.

19. iKhalid

iKhalid Member

Same with the Co-operators.

20. mrElbe

mrElbe Active Member

All insurance companies use the Insurance Bureau of Canada (IBC) database. The beef I have with them is that my late 2014 VIN shows in their database as not having collision avoidance. It was implemented via firmware update in 2015 on my vehicle but the IBC does not take into account that Tesla can make safety improvements via over the air updates as long as the installed hardware supports it.