Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nice Christmas surprise?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hope this is true, and comes out soon:

Tesla leaks 'Acceleration Boost' upgrade - Electrek

Xmas gift (you have to pay for) from Elon for my AWD and PAWS brothers and sisters :cool:

Checked my account and I see the option to buy for 2700 CAD.....oh what to do????? :eek::eek::eek:

Screenshot_20191219-030507.png

P3D- Stealth unlock?
Looks like it would get halfway there. P3d is at ~3.2 s now. This would bring AWD+ (what it seems to be referred to as in other threads) to around 3.6-3.7. I'm gonna pick it up for sure, but have a service credit I want to apply against the price so waiting to hear what that process is. Otherwise I'd already have ponied up to Mr Musk more of my $ :cool:

There's mixed info on if RWD can buy this. Do you see an option to buy?

Is this upgrade only for AWD. Hae an SR+ and logged into the app. The only upgrade i see is FSD for 9200.
Nothing on the mytesla web page though.
Looks like some RWD and SR+ owners reported seeing greyed out option which later disappeared. So it looks like the answer is no for now....but you'll likely get the option for heated rear seats soon....my best guess is also for a paid upgrade....but that's not based on anything.

So I bought it last night. Also, the android version of the tesla app is now updated so you can purchase through the app.

You definitely feel the improved power. I charged to 90% and did some before/after runs with the battery at around 40C. Not fully scientific but I do have a canbus reader with scanmytesla. Measured 4.5-4.2s 0-100 km/h before and after 3.9-3.5s. Obviously there is a pretty big margin of error there, but it for sure pulls harder.

Whether it's worth it is up to you and if you have some extra cash. I wouldn't dip into the kids college fund for this, but if you wished you had the chance to buy a P3D- and couldn't stomach the 20k hit you would take trading in (assuming you could even find a P3D-), this is pretty good value.

Plus my gut says this purchase won't be a one time thing and I'm hoping this will lead to further improvements down the road, just like how FSD adds more features as they come available....

But of course, YMMV....

All insurance companies use the Insurance Bureau of Canada (IBC) database. The beef I have with them is that my late 2014 VIN shows in their database as not having collision avoidance. It was implemented via firmware update in 2015 on my vehicle but the IBC does not take into account that Tesla can make safety improvements via over the air updates as long as the installed hardware supports it.