Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nice frunk/trunk organizer option

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mod Y Guy

Supporting Member
Jul 28, 2017
California
Frunk Organizer

I've been getting a good amount of take out these days and have been using the frunk more than I thought I would... need to keep that new car smell as long as possible. I vowed not to make any major mods this time around, like I did with my Model 3, so no auto frunk for me. I'm okay with closing the frunk though, unlike some. Anyway, I wanted more than just the open chasm of the frunk to hold food (to keep from sliding around) and other items. I started searching for an organizer and found one from Basenor that I felt was way overpriced. I took some measurements, of my June 2021 Model Y build, and the frunk is roughly 28" long (side-to-side) by 14" wide (front-to-back) by 11" deep. After I had my measurements I started searching Amazon for a suitable option. The one highlighted here was close to twenty bucks less than the Basenor option, and I can confirm the quality is very good. It nestles in the frunk quite nicely, the frunk closes without issue, and it even has a velcro top that can go off/on with ease (nice for keeping that takeout warm on the ride back home). You can obviously use it for the trunk/sub trunk as well. I'm getting absolutely nothing from this posting, I just thought some might like to know that there's a nice, affordable option out there if you want an organizer for the frunk and/or trunk.

* Make sure to be mindful of the size you need to buy: 23.43" x 14.17" x 10.43"

Frunk Organizer.jpeg

Organizer (1).png

Organizer (2).png

Reactions: chris2222
DidI miss something, the link you provided to Amazon is for 21.65 x 15.98 x 10 inches
No, you didn't miss anything. That's the correct link but it seems the dimensions are wrong in the Amazon description. If you look at the pictures the 23.43 x 14.17 x 10.43 is displayed for the blue and black organizer. For the grey, the dimensions are listed as 21 x 16 x 10. I can confirm, however, that the grey one measures 23.43 x 14.17 x 10.43 (that's the color I chose and it's in my frunk right now). One would have to assume that any color choice measures the same. Free returns if not.

Reactions: KurtSanders
1626786925282.png
@DK21 I wonder if Fortem changed the dimensions of their Trunk Organizer V1 after you purchased (Hard to believe)? I visited the Fortem website for this same V1 item and they have the dimensions differing from what you show (see pic below). This V1 model is still a great organizer for the MY.

The other Fortem Trunk organizers ,V2 at L 22.5″ x W 14.5″ x H 12.5″ and V3 at L 30″ x W 14.6″ x H 12.5″ will not fit in the MY's frunk since you measured the MY's frunk at 28" long (side-to-side) by 14" wide (front-to-back) by 11" deep. All Fortem trunk organizers would be acceptable for the rear cargo space.

I posted a question for the V1 dimensions on Amazon's website for the vendor and others to answer and hopefully measure and confirm as you did. I expect/hope you are correct since your dimensions are perfect for space optimization, and as you stated, one can always send back to Amazon if they are not satisfied.

Here is what Fortem has for dimensions on their sales website.

1626786052097.png

Reactions: Mod Y Guy
No, you didn't miss anything. That's the correct link but it seems the dimensions are wrong in the Amazon description. If you look at the pictures the 23.43 x 14.17 x 10.43 is displayed for the blue and black organizer. For the grey, the dimensions are listed as 21 x 16 x 10. I can confirm, however, that the grey one measures 23.43 x 14.17 x 10.43 (that's the color I chose and it's in my frunk right now). One would have to assume that any color choice measures the same. Free returns if not.
Did you order their v2 model? that one shows as the dimensions you have listed.

@DK21 . Thanks for this post.

I ordered and just received the Fortem Car Trunk Organizer, Car Storage Organizer, Collapsible Multi Compartment Car Organizer, SUV Trunk Organizer, Non Slip Bottom, Adjustable Securing Straps, Foldable Cover (Grey) from Amazon. The grey model fits perfectly in '21 MY frunk and accommodates much of my various charging adapters. battery pack, and extension cords when on extended trips. It is a very nicely made product with a sealed top and has 2 tie down straps on the bottom that will come in useful if I move it to the trunk and want to secure it down.

I roughly measured the 3 dimensions and labeled them below. They measurements can vary ~.025-0.50" given that the fabric material is not 100% rigid, but firm and therefore can conform to measurements that accomodate the '21 MY frunk perfectly. The MY frunk closes without any issues!

Library - 1 of 4.jpeg
Library - 2 of 4.jpeg
Library - 3 of 4.jpeg
Library - 4 of 4.jpeg

I just bought one of these from Amazon, using the link above, and it does not fit in the frunk of my 2021 M3P. It's about an inch too deep (front to back) and several inches too tall to close the frunk lid.

Oh well... it'll fit in the back I guess.

I just bought one of these from Amazon, using the link above, and it does not fit in the frunk of my 2021 M3P. It's about an inch too deep (front to back) and several inches too tall to close the frunk lid.

Oh well... it'll fit in the back I guess.
I guess the Model 3 and Y have different frunk dimensions. I've only used this in my 2021 Model Y and it fits perfect.

I use my Y frunk ALL the time. I keep a rolling cooler bag (12x10x36--fits perfectly) in the frunk when I go to Trader Joes so I don't have to lose all the cool air opening the back.
I just wish I didn't have to confirm all the time when opening the frunk. Is it possible to remove that reminder?

No. And if you try to put it into Drive, you'll get a warning about driving with the Frunk open too.
It’s Tesla’s software solution for not having a safety hardware (secondary latch) that every other car has. When someone drives with frunk open and the hood opens and slams into the windshield at highway speed, they will be able to tell you “we warned you” :)

Thanks for the recommendation on this OP. Fits great in the frunk, and then I also bought a second one to use in the trunk. Much better than buying an overpriced-"Tesla" one.
This might not be molded 100% to the exact specs of the frunk, but this is only ~$30 and does 98% the job of an organizer that might cost 4x as much.