Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nifty tool for calculating your monthly Model 3 payments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been trying to wrap my head around what the monthly costs will be for my Model 3 as I figure out what options I will configure for the car and needed a quick easy interactive way to play with the options and financing costs (including down payments, interest rates, sales taxes ... even state credits/rebates).

I also wanted to know the impact of the timing of the purchase as the federal credit phases out the longer you wait/queued to get yours.

i built a page the encapsulates all the logic and made it public for any one to play with below. respond with any feedback and i can fix anything that doesn't look right. Take a look :)

model3guru . com

I've been trying to wrap my head around what the monthly costs will be for my Model 3 as I figure out what options I will configure for the car and needed a quick easy interactive way to play with the options and financing costs (including down payments, interest rates, sales taxes ... even state credits/rebates).

I also wanted to know the impact of the timing of the purchase as the federal credit phases out the longer you wait/queued to get yours.

i built a page the encapsulates all the logic and made it public for any one to play with below. respond with any feedback and i can fix anything that doesn't look right. Take a look :)

model3guru . com
Looks great. Thanks. Is the total finance price (for NJ) inclusive of the federal credit?

It looks like your tool is subtracting tax credits from the price of the car as if they are instant rebates. Is that the case? Because you don't get any tax credits or rebates until months after you purchase your car. They should not be part of the calculation.

Based on how the Federal/State credits work out, seems an obvious option is to refinance car soon after getting your tax refunds in march/april ... get a better (smaller) loan and monthly payment ... save all that interest cost.

Where's the PUP? Also for the financing it would be nice to see the amount financed.
Replying to above re: refi, perhaps it would be better to reduce your withholding in the year getting the car, save it, and use it as downpay instead so you avoid any refi costs.

model3guru . com
Been saving for three years and plan to pay cash!!! First time ever.

Thanks for all the awesome feedback. I'm make the required changes now (especially to include the premium seating option) and the various feedback on state incentives. Will also show financed amount. Googled PUP but couldn't figure it out so anyone who knows what it means should enlighten me :)