Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nigel's Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So power went out a few minutes ago (don't know why, no storms here!) and we have a full house generator back-up which kicks in after 20secs. I went out to the garage and checked the cars: Roadster had finished charging anyway and was fine, Model S was still charging but didn't seem to have missed a beat. Good to know.

Congrats, NigelM! So happy that you finally are done waiting! Now you just need to pull a reverse-snowbird and come Canada, hitting all the TMC members. :D

Just wondering, does your phone stay in the cubby properly when you accelerate quickly?

One thing you might check: your mirror auto-tilt feature may be working, but the mirrors may be set so there's no difference between the Drive and Reverse positions. Mine was that way. Try putting the car in Reverse and adjusting the rear view mirrors for the downtilt you want, and see if it doesn't remember that setting the next time you put it in Reverse.

For the mirror auto tilt do the following to correct - (1) put the car in reverse, (2) set mirrors to desired "reverse" setting (3) re-save your profile. You will now have separate drive and reverse settings for the mirrors. :)

Tried it this morning - Works great! Thanks for the heads-up, I'll have to let my DS know.

Seeing as I had a free day we went for lunch at the Ritz-Carlton. The valet didn't even attempt to park the car, he just asked me to park it to one side outside the main entrance. When we came out he asked if he could see the engine...I opened the frunk.

Valet tip = $5, the look on his face when he peered in the frunk = "Priceless"

It was a beautiful day!

Larry and his wife were due to come over but although they only lives a few miles away he managed to get lost (blamed it on his GPS! Huh!) so we took the first pics ourselves.[...]
Great write-up! But permit me a few editorial remarks.

Well, we left a half hour early, but still managed to get lost even with a GSP! I think my problem is genetic. Remember, my people got lost in the desert for 40 years!

It was a beautiful day. Sun shining, light breeze and 69F:

Yes, it was a beautiful day. The sun was shining and there was a light breeze, but you got the temperature wrong. :p

Nigel's delivery dashboard.jpg

The dog came to try figuring out why this big thing was moving with no noise:

Its just that ball chasing is so much more fun than noiseless cars.
Hanna.jpg

Larry showed up and brought champagne, so we forgave him for being late:
Thanks! Don't forget we also brought the orange juice for folks who like to dilute good champagne when they drink in the morning. :eek: Here's photographic evidence as to who dilutes.

View attachment 11165

(Tesla management reading this: please note that Ben refused to drink even a sip of champagne as he was driving. He took coffee instead)

Neil, its absolutely true. Despite our urgings Ben resolutely refused any champagne whatsoever.

Thanks to Mrs. Larry for being photographer!

We loved sharing the event with you.

Really this is the key.jpg

Really, this is the key?!

So cute.jpg

So cute!

Regards,

Larry

Last edited:
Larry, I think the problem is that you relied on your GSP...

a.k.a. the commercially disastrous line of dyslexic GPS.

:biggrin:

LOL at that one. But seriously, thanks to Larry & Mrs Larry for the champers and OJ!

We took a drive down to Sarasota Yacht Club tonight and so, full circle, we brought SSL#183 to the first place we ever saw the prototype (see my avatar). The ride back was so smooth my wife proclaimed "This is just like sitting in the living room, we could sleep in here".

It's Halloween and my daughter wanted to dress up as a "Tesla girl" that she had seen at the events (the pumpkin idea was stolen from the Teslaween thread):

DSC_0637.JPG

P.S. This morning I managed to top 100mph on one of the private roads around our ranch. It seemed to take like seconds....I have no idea what the 0-100 time is, but it felt like nothing. :biggrin:

Seeing as I had a free day we went for lunch at the Ritz-Carlton. The valet didn't even attempt to park the car, he just asked me to park it to one side outside the main entrance. When we came out he asked if he could see the engine...I opened the frunk.

That is very funny. I'll have to try that out as MY CAR ARRIVED TODAY! Hooray!

Regards...Keith

I would have loved to see the look on the valet's face!