TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Night/Day Display Preference auto resetting?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Bperry, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Bperry

Bperry Member

I like the Night Mode display better. Its fits in with my black dash & black interior better. The color scheme is easier to look at. And I like it regardless of Day or Night outside.

HOWEVER, it ALWAYS resets to "Auto" every time I turn the car off (put the car into park). Every time I have to Manually put it into "Night" mode. Are other people experiencing this?
    Is this just something we have to wait for them to fix?
    Does anyone know if its on their known issues list?

2. Zextraterrestrial

#2 Zextraterrestrial, Apr 29, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
    I have sent this comment in to service/ownership since december - It should be really really EASY TO CHANGE

+ the range mode (climate control setting) and seat heater cancelling - WTF

I really like night better, always, and have given up after ~ 1 month of switching it most of the time I got in my car. Tedious!:mad:

3. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Lots of things seem to revert back. If I turn the headlights Off, they're back on Auto next time I get in the car.

4. Lou in SoCal

Lou in SoCal Member

Prefer "Night" mode as well. I quit changing every time I got in the car after a week.

5. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

To: [email protected]

6. webguy

webguy Member

Same. Its pretty annoying. I have a dark interior so I also prefer to have the setting persist to 'Night', but it always resets.

7. Dogface

Dogface Model S Signature #405

I share the preference of night over day. Since 4.4 I also have the issue of it not recognizing that it is night and staying in, or reverting to, day mode.

8. aayala

aayala Member

+1 for the night mode setting. The first test drive I took the display was in the dark grey/black theme the whole time, but the second time I went for a test drive the display was white. With black interior, I definitely prefer the darker display color. Hopefully they make the setting "sticky" soon.

9. Zextraterrestrial

It is sticky in 4.5.. I am happy. But now that is is sunny I don't use the night during day anymore so I don't need it during summer just winter months

but it is fixed now