Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Night/Day Display Preference auto resetting?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like the Night Mode display better. Its fits in with my black dash & black interior better. The color scheme is easier to look at. And I like it regardless of Day or Night outside.

HOWEVER, it ALWAYS resets to "Auto" every time I turn the car off (put the car into park). Every time I have to Manually put it into "Night" mode. Are other people experiencing this?
Is this just something we have to wait for them to fix?
Does anyone know if its on their known issues list?

I have sent this comment in to service/ownership since december - It should be really really EASY TO CHANGE

+ the range mode (climate control setting) and seat heater cancelling - WTF

I really like night better, always, and have given up after ~ 1 month of switching it most of the time I got in my car. Tedious!:mad:

Last edited:
HOWEVER, it ALWAYS resets to "Auto" every time I turn the car off (put the car into park). Every time I have to Manually put it into "Night" mode. Are other people experiencing this?
To: [email protected]
2013/02/09 said:
My original firmware (1.15.8) properly retained my Day/Night/Auto setting.

My current firmware (1.19.42) resets to Auto when waking up the vehicle.

I prefer the Night setting so every morning Auto is "wrong" for me, and thus it adds a step to my daily routine to fix the problem.

Please consider restoring the retention of this setting in future firmware releases.

+1 for the night mode setting. The first test drive I took the display was in the dark grey/black theme the whole time, but the second time I went for a test drive the display was white. With black interior, I definitely prefer the darker display color. Hopefully they make the setting "sticky" soon.