TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Night-time map fonts unreadable

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by Padelford, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Padelford

Padelford Member

Perhaps the only persistent Tesla gripe I have is that the font color used on the night-time Nav map for feature call-outs (like road names) makes them unreadable. Tesla has chosen a light grey, outlined font when the background feature color is typically a slightly darker grey. Changing the display brightness doesn't help.

The daytime map design is fine for readability. Fixing the night-time map font should be as little effort as a one-line code change. I've complained repeatedly about this for six weeks and seen no improvement. Does this bother only me?

2. pilotSteve

pilotSteve Member

If you experiment with pinch-zoom you will see that as you "zoom in" not only does the font size change (increase) but the level of detail decreases (declutter). With some experimenting I have found a better balance between readability and clutter. Perhaps this will help? Of course your carefully chosen zoom reverts to Tesla default each time the car wakes up. Ah well.