Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nightmare! Devon Holiday Scratch...!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up the M3 on Friday; went on holiday on Saturday. My worst nightmare happened today - on the narrow lanes of Dartmoor, I ended up scratching the rear bumper of the car. (A double-decker bus was coming down a narrow lane; I had to reverse into someone's drive to let him pass. And then, because I'm still becoming familiar with the car, I knocked it into reverse again instead of drive and pushed back against a gate. No excuses though. Furious with myself.)

It's an NHS lease car so I guess when we get back I should just get in touch and see what they want to do...? Or keep it quiet and explore a Chips Away kind of service...

As before, am largely posting here just to vent at my own stupidity. Am going for a very long walk now to kick a few trees... I might be some time.

Attachments

• IMG_20210629_1900343.jpg
    IMG_20210629_1900343.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 98
Picked up the M3 on Friday; went on holiday on Saturday. My worst nightmare happened today - on the narrow lanes of Dartmoor, I ended up scratching the rear bumper of the car. (A double-decker bus was coming down a narrow lane; I had to reverse into someone's drive to let him pass. And then, because I'm still becoming familiar with the car, I knocked it into reverse again instead of drive and pushed back against a gate. No excuses though. Furious with myself.)

It's an NHS lease car so I guess when we get back I should just get in touch and see what th

It's an NHS lease car so I guess when we get back I should just get in touch and see what they want to do...? Or keep it quiet and explore a Chips Away kind of service...

As before, am largely posting here just to vent at my own stupidity. Am going for a very long walk now to kick a few trees... I might be some time.

ey want to do...? Or keep it quiet and explore a Chips Away kind of service...

Happens. Don't lose sleep. Easy possibly quick and cheap fix.

Reactions: DigbyChicken

Sorry about that ... it's awful ... I duffed my bumper within days of getting the car too ... horrible.

That is annoying. Nice login handle by the way. The reference is noted....

I don't think you need to report this 'incidental scuff' to any lease company. And it should be really easy to get sorted.

People are suggesting Chipsaway which is fine. But if you search Mobile Paint Correction. Or Mobile Smart Repair. you will find a range of similar companies that will fix this in your drive in about 2 hours. It shouldn't cost more than £100 or so for such a small mark.

I had a much bigger and deeper set of scratches that cost my £160 on the front bumper of my brand new M3. So don't worry too much. You can make this go away pretty quick.

Best of luck.

Llama.

You may find Chips Away refuse to help as their policy is not to work on Tesla due to the HV risk...colleague had them refuse to repair a wheel scratch even if the wheel was removed from the car prior to their arrival. Local smart repairer fixed it in situ...
That is annoying. Nice login handle by the way. The reference is noted....

I don't think you need to report this 'incidental scuff' to any lease company. And it should be really easy to get sorted.

People are suggesting Chipsaway which is fine. But if you search Mobile Paint Correction. Or Mobile Smart Repair. you will find a range of similar companies that will fix this in your drive in about 2 hours. It shouldn't cost more than £100 or so for such a small mark.

I had a much bigger and deeper set of scratches that cost my £160 on the front bumper of my brand new M3. So don't worry too much. You can make this go away pretty quick.

Best of luck.

Llama.

Thanks for your sage advice, people (and the anti-Tesla caution of Chips Away has been noted). I'll try to make a few enquiries tomorrow but am pleased to say I have got on with enjoying my holiday. Went for a lovely run up to Westward Ho! today. :cool:

Having become cross at causing the scratch, I think I then started to get cross at myself because I was getting cross. :rolleyes: After all, I try to put people first, and no one was hurt, so why the over-reaction? It's only a car, at the end of the day. And it's only a scratch (''Tis but a flesh wound!', says @Yev000 - damn, that looks horrible - glad you got it sorted, but... blimey...).

Reactions: Yev000 and Llama.