Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nikola Motors Semi Trucks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I personally feel that Nikola is unlikely to be a successful enterprise, I am against short seller propaganda, no matter who it's aimed at.

"unlikely to be a successful enterprise" is the understatement of the day. Just because Tesla got unfairly smeared by the shorts, it doesn't mean that all short smears are wrong or uncalled for. Had Theranos been public, this type of negative research would have been a good thing.

The latest news, the GM "partnership", looks really bad for Nikola. They gave GM $2B of stock just so they could turn around and buy trucks from them. Nikola is going to use GM's battery, powertrain and manufacturing. The only thing Nikola is bringing to the table is photorealistic renders. This partnership exposes just how little Nikola really has.

I haven't read the short hit piece yet, I will later, but Nikola sure is testing my investment strategy resolve to never get into the shorting game.

Propaganda is one thing, but cold hard facts are another

I have suspected for a long time that Nikola had no working prototype of their fuel cell truck, but its far worse than that, they have NOTHING

The whole thing is fake, they have no fuel cell technology, no battery technology, ho hydrogen refuelling technology, its all a scam

This is great new for Tesla, the Semi, if Tesla can hit the range numbers has no real competition

Reactions: E Dizzle
I mean, it seems that the market feels there is some truth to this whole thing as well...
upload_2020-9-11_12-26-32.png

Nikola (NKLA) admits to faking video of driving prototype in weak response to allegations - Electrek

NKLA stock price up up today apparently since no one reads past the headlines. Sigh.

Just read the article and have been somewhat following the story. Always believed that they sued Tesla claiming same design to help them fund their company and figured they have been desperate for money. I've never felt that Milton after listening to him was on the up and up and actually thought the Electrek article was a well written piece. So he thinks it's okay to present something as fact to lure investors. Says alot about him and have to wonder how GM and their investors are digesting the news now.

Just read the article and have been somewhat following the story. Always believed that they sued Tesla claiming same design to help them fund their company and figured they have been desperate for money. I've never felt that Milton after listening to him was on the up and up and actually thought the Electrek article was a well written piece. So he thinks it's okay to present something as fact to lure investors. Says alot about him and have to wonder how GM and their investors are digesting the news now.

Lie down with dogs, get fleas. I don't have much sympathy for GM. They should have known better, but apparently they are clueless or stupid or both.

Lie down with dogs, get fleas. I don't have much sympathy for GM. They should have known better, but apparently they are clueless or stupid or both.

Take a closer look at the GM deal. Nikola is paying GM $2.7B ($2B in stock, $700M in cash) for the right to slap a badge on a GM truck. GM is getting an awful lot of money for what it was providing. At first glance it looked like GM was ripping off Nikola.

When this short seller report came out the deal made a lot more sense. GM investigated Nikola and knew Nikola was a sham. That's why Nikola is paying GM so much money.

Last edited:
He’s reportedly been arrested at the Phoenix Airport.

Nikola’s chairman steps down, stock crashes following allegations of fraud – TechCrunch

“Update: News is breaking that Trevor Milton, Nikola Corp founder and former Executive Chairman, was arrested by the DOJ and FIB at Sky Harbor Airport, in Phoenix, AZ, this morning.”

Techcrunch’s article (“Update” now at bottom of the article) says it’s “so far unconfirmed“. OK no one else reporting on this.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: CO_MY and CyberGus
"News is breaking that Trevor Milton, Nikola Corp founder and former Executive Chairman, was arrested by the DOJ and FIB at Sky Harbor Airport, in Phoenix, AZ, this morning. This is so far unconfirmed." (emphasis mine)​

Yeah, I can't find anything about this. I think TechCrunch equates "news is breaking" with "somebody said it on Twitter".

Still, the stock is down 20% so far today, half what it was after the GM announcement. Grab the Dramamine, folks