TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Nissan JUKE

Discussion in 'Cars and Transportation' started by vfx, Aug 19, 2010.

1. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

#1 vfx, Aug 19, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
    I was staying at a hotel where they had a press showing for this car. Eight of them were parked out front and they were notable in that the looked like the LEAF. Not exactly like it but it shows the design of the LEAF (and 4 letter capital names) are the new design look for Nissan. It seems to be an exaggerated Murano look. Bulbous fenders, bulbous headlights (again) and protruding taillights.

Not a bad looking car in proportions -but all the stylized lumps are not to my taste.

http://www.nissanusa.com/juke/?dcp=ppn.46066838.&dcc=0.222399160

Snapped some photos but there seems to be plenty on the interwebs. They had an AWD version and I asked the price $18 to 24K. It's pretty small actually.
    LEAF
    leaf11.jpg
    JUKE
    [​IMG]
    Murano
    [​IMG]

2. SteveTheTech

SteveTheTech Member

10650349-boston-nissan-juke.jpg
    2010-Nissan-Juke-014.jpg

The Juke looks surprisingly similar, but if you do not like the Leafs style you will really hate the Juke. The leaf has a very low co efficient of drag and they seemed to carry that over.

Personally the Juke has grown on me I like the interface and the turbo with the new cvt might actually be a decent peppy little eco box.

3. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

They both share that "not so bad in person" ascetic. I know it sound crappy to say that but they just don't photo well.

4. SteveTheTech

SteveTheTech Member

I too am not a photogenic character so I can share that.

Infiniti has taken the pretty in person approach, but with that they add some market leading technology.

2011-infiniti-m56-sport-550x366.jpg

The new M is my personal favorite, looks a little off in pictures but when you get behind the wheel and drive one.

I think the first new style vehicle of theirs was the FX50, it has foolish looking vents behind the front wheels. However it makes it an easier pill to know that the engine airflow is increased by 20% from those vents. They do form over functionality usually.

5. SteveTheTech

SteveTheTech Member

I noticed that the Tesla has a similar controller to what the Juke will come with. The Infiniti M has a similar controller in a much more traditional rotating knob on the center console to alter the engine and transmission logic.

This seems like a very interesting way to offer ideal economy and pickup to meet real world needs of most drivers.

6. tdelta1000

tdelta1000 Active Member

I think Nissan made a mistake with the styling of the JUKE.