Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny how some people just hate it, I don't mind it at all.
Completely different market segment. There are a lot more people who can shell out $25K or less for a Leaf than whatever Tesla will be selling the S for.

Personally Im a mid 20s guy and style is one of my top priorities when purchasing a car. I think the people who the Leaf appeals to are older, environmentally conscious people.

What I like about the Tesla is that its stylish, revolutionary and high performance. The Leaf only meets one of those criteria and even though its revolutionary it doesnt hold a candle to Tesla's specs in range or power.

Like Tesla says, I'd feel like I'd be comprimising on everything if I purchased one of those and I certainly wouldnt be impressing any girls with a Leaf.

J1772 home charger at European Leaf launch in Portugal:
67642_10150289811615066_10150123014695066_15297051_3155146_n.jpg

(Nice Amps indicator!)

At the grand opening for Stadium Nissan in Seattle on Oct 26th, Governor Gregoire arrived in a Leaf with VIN JN1AZ0CP4BT000073. It was a base model (no solar panel), and was described as a near-production model. The 9th digit (4) is the checksum, changed by the serial number, so it's the same as what TEG posted other than the sequence number.

Is this the unit that will be installed as the home EVSE for participants in The EV Project?

IMG_0856.JPG

Since I'm still not seeing a clock on the charging station, is it right to assume that the Leaf itself controls its charging and can be programmed to charge during off-peak hours?

That is one of the most glaring oversights in the MINI E--there is no timer in either the charger or the car. So there is no capability to program either to begin charging during off-peak regardless of when you attach the charging adapter. In order to do that, you have to remember to go out to your garage and attach the adapter at the right time.