Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nissan PIVO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nissan to electrify the Tokyo Motor Show

www.auto123.com

Nissan will showcase its electric powertrain expertise at the upcoming 2011 Tokyo Motor Show (December 3-11, 2011) by presenting three concepts that highlight the Japanese automaker's ambitious plan to revolutionize zero-emission mobility.

First, the Nissan PIVO 3 will make its world debut as their ''smart urban EV of the near future.'' The PIVO 3's claim to fame is its fully autonomous valet park feature. In what Nissan envisions to be the parking lots of the future, the PIVO 3 will drive, find a parking spot and park itself without driver assistance.

attachment.php?attachmentid=3376&d=1320876413.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=3372&d=1320876413.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=3373&d=1320876413.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=3375&d=1320876413.jpg

Nissan-Pivo-3-006.jpg
Nissan-Pivo-3-010.jpg
Nissan-Pivo-3-013.jpg
Nissan-Pivo-3-i007.jpg

Last edited:
Does it also mow grass?
First, the Nissan PIVO 3 will make its world debut as their ''smart urban EV of the near future.'' The PIVO 3's claim to fame is its fully autonomous valet park feature. In what Nissan envisions to be the parking lots of the future, the PIVO 3 will drive, find a parking spot and park itself without driver assistance.

It will move autonomously into the parking lot. Then it will connect it self to a charge spot, unplugging any Chevy Volts it finds along the way.
You still need the Valet to tell you where your car has gone.

Small size = small pack ~= short range... But, maybe batteries in 2016+ will have improved so much that you can still get a useful range in such a small vehicle... (?)

I dunno. Regardless of being an "urban vehicle" or not... to me, from an asthetic look... ewwwwwww!! Maybe I'm having trouble envisioning past the next 5-10 years, but I much prefer current vehicle style. I'm even a bit put off by VW beetle and Mini Coopers. Guess the cars that are close to the same height and length just don't mesh well with me.

Well, as a concept, I look past the styling and focus on the ideas. Four wheel steering in the city would be awesome. In and out of those tight curb side spots. I kinda like the Pivo 2's rotating cabin as well. No stepping out into the street. The passenger compartment rotates so you can always enter and exit from the curb.