Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NJ 5k EV rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Grats! Here in California I was capped for my model Y, turns out we only get to use it twice. 2016 Chevy Volt and 2019 Tesla Model 3. The app kept kicking me out so I called and that’s what I was told.

Fred

Just got an email from NJ rebate program that MY 5k rebate was approved. It took about 2 weeks to get the approval, and they will be sending the check in about 30 days.

Nice. Anything specific that we should be aware of or is there nothing more beyond that online form? Waiting for delivery of my car and ready to submit the rebate ASAP. Thanks.

Did you have to send your financing documentation? I just received an email two weeks after submitting saying:
  • Purchase/Lease Agreement
    • You did not submit a complete Tesla motor vehicle purchase/lease agreement.
Although I uploaded the motor vehicle order agreement doc, looks like that’s not what they wanted?

Did you have to send your financing documentation? I just received an email two weeks after submitting saying:
  • Purchase/Lease Agreement
    • You did not submit a complete Tesla motor vehicle purchase/lease agreement.
Although I uploaded the motor vehicle order agreement doc, looks like that’s not what they wanted?

Financing doc with signatures will work.

It took 2 weeks for me to get approved as well. I am now abut 35 days into waiting for the check. The folks running the program every nice and responsive but they said the check delivery will be delayed. They didn’t have a real ETA for me but said it will eventually arrive. So be patient.

• Informative
Reactions: Reborn
It took 2 weeks for me to get approved as well. I am now abut 35 days into waiting for the check. The folks running the program every nice and responsive but they said the check delivery will be delayed. They didn’t have a real ETA for me but said it will eventually arrive. So be patient.
Same here. I got the confirmation for my Y a couple of weeks ago. I also got a confirmation for my Bolt 1.5 months ago, but still no check yet. I am leasing the Bolt since Feb, just after the bill was signed.

I too got my approval, check is in the mail. I actually replied back to them to thank them for being so responsive, which has not been the case for pretty much any company during Covid. I was surprised.