Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NJ 5K rebate ends on 12/15 *bad news*

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did not "need" to get a new car when I ordered my MY. What drove me to buy now was the $5K and no sales tax - which I feared would not be there when needed a car in another 12-24 months. What is really poor is that the deal was pulled with one-day's notice. I understand the budget challenges the state is experiencing but it looks bad when pulled what was effectively 'immediately."

I agree but quite frankly I’m surprised the funding lasted as long as it did with the extra budgetary slam caused by COVID. I was worried in September that I would lose out. It was really bad to do it with 1 days notice. How can that not have been avoidable?

if you hold off until funding is approved for Phase 2 you’ll like get a bunch of upgrades etc. That’s looking at it from the bright side. It’s tough to delay getting these vehicles but $5000 is a lot to leave on the table. I’m lucky I purchased in September and actually received my check on Monday. I don’t think I could buy it knowing I was losing $5000 cash back. It was a big part of my financial decision to purchase it. It sucks that NJ gave 1 days notice.
You guys took a risk back then not knowing if the funding will be there due to Covid, so you deserved that check. I contemplated it but decided against it due to unknown and that I'm practically home now due to Covid. If anything changes at workplace that I'm no longer home, that's when I'll need a car. without that 5k, I simply can't justify the 49k price tag. Hopefully there's the point of sale discount in summer and that there's federal funding available from the Biden administratino.