Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NJ changes from "per minute" to "per kwh" charging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I usually use the superchargers about twice a month and just noticed today, May 20th, that I'm now being charged per kwh, whereas my previous charge on May 4th was per minute. I'm guessing this change is statewide as all the stations within a 20 mile radius are now charging per kwh. The part that sucks is the price has just about doubled for almost the same amount of kwh used/added. :( Does anyone know when this switch to charging per kwh happened exactly in NJ? I can't find any official statement on the switch.

screenshot.43.png

Time per-minute would be really screwing batterygate S owners will the massive supercharging speed hit our cars too a year ago, granted most of us have free unlimited but those that do pay would be screwed badly.
The electricity is the product. I understand wanting to do per minute to encourage folks to leave once the taper slows things down.

When I purchased my Model S, I paid an extra $2,500.00 to get lift time super charging. After 6 years I don't think that I used $2,500.00
worth of electric, but that's OK because it helped to build the network of superchargers. At some point you just knew that TESLA was going to change and make supercharging pay as you go. I just don't think that TESLA is going to post the current charge rate at each supercharger. We can go to the other charging system out there but, the same thing will happen, you'll find out after you charge the cost of your fill-up.

My "S" has not seen a supercharger in the past four months and probably will not see one for the next four months. When we finally do our around the States trip I'll get to use up my $2,500.00. What I would like to see is that TESLA sell the larger battery so that we can get that
extended range.