Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NJ Delivery Postponed Indefinitely

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did the folks with pending delivery in NJ get any update on the delivery? Wondering if they are able to proceed with touch-less delivery in NJ.

Wish I had an update but I'm still playing the waiting game. I was told that I was a high priority delivery, but I'm sure they've told that to everyone who is asking for status. I don't believe I'm eligible for home delivery because I have a trade-in vehicle so my guess is I'm screwed until NJ lifts the auto dealership ban which will probably be months from now.

At this point, I'm just waiting it out but if it goes on too long then I'll just cancel. I don't want to take delivery of a new vehicle that's been sitting outside in a dealer lot for months...

Wish I had an update but I'm still playing the waiting game. I was told that I was a high priority delivery, but I'm sure they've told that to everyone who is asking for status. I don't believe I'm eligible for home delivery because I have a trade-in vehicle so my guess is I'm screwed until NJ lifts the auto dealership ban which will probably be months from now.

At this point, I'm just waiting it out but if it goes on too long then I'll just cancel. I don't want to take delivery of a new vehicle that's been sitting outside in a dealer lot for months...

They can drop off the new car and pickup trade-in from home. This did happen on west coast.

I feel NJ touchless deliveries will resume soon now that NY ok'd it.

Thanks for the info. That'd be awesome if I can get home delivery eventually. I'll keep fingers crossed. (and will update thread as soon as I hear something)

Only gotcha is that you will probably have to pay in advance via ACH before they will do that, before you even see the car. At least paying with a check you have the chance to inspect the car first, before giving them your money, just in case there is something wrong with it like huge panel gaps or whatever you are not comfortable with having to get fixed later on. Verify all of that before jumping in for home delivery. Personally I would wait until I had the opportunity to inspect before giving them a check. For $75k it better be done right, none of these crazy panel gaps, mis-alignments and other stuff that I keep seeing pics of. If that means waiting another month or two, so be it.

Reactions: folman
Please just cancel. Do the Tesla community a huge favor. It will give someone who doesn't think they are "entitled" to "Princess" treatment their car a little sooner... "Princess". Oh, boo hoo.

I know most people on here have 40-50k model 3s, but since all Model Y owners in this sub forum including myself have paid 65-75k for a Model Y I expect a new car to come in pristine state.

This is not a 20k Honda. I understand Tesla could car less right now with everything that’s happening and a back order of Model Ys, but these type of issues won’t fly when they have caught up with demand, and other luxury car makers are putting out decent evs at this price.

Love my Y so far, but I know plenty of people that would have refused delivery if they were buying a 70k car from a normal dealer. Interior super dirty, black smudges over white trim, scuff marks all over the place, weird hard tar like blotches in front bumper, paint scratched away on edges of some panels etc.

I know most people on here have 40-50k model 3s, but since all Model Y owners in this sub forum including myself have paid 65-75k for a Model Y I expect a new car to come in pristine state.

This is not a 20k Honda. I understand Tesla could car less right now with everything that’s happening and a back order of Model Ys, but these type of issues won’t fly when they have caught up with demand, and other luxury car makers are putting out decent evs at this price.

Love my Y so far, but I know plenty of people that would have refused delivery if they were buying a 70k car from a normal dealer. Interior super dirty, black smudges over white trim, scuff marks all over the place, weird hard tar like blotches in front bumper, paint scratched away on edges of some panels etc.

Did you personally have those issues with your new Model Y? My delivery was supposed to be a week ago but like everyone else in NJ I was told last Monday that it has been postponed indefinitely. Even if they are ready to deliver the car I am thinking I am going to just cancel my order until they can deliver the quality I expect with a $70k purchase. These build issues are disappointing to hear.

Did you personally have those issues with your new Model Y? My delivery was supposed to be a week ago but like everyone else in NJ I was told last Monday that it has been postponed indefinitely. Even if they are ready to deliver the car I am thinking I am going to just cancel my order until they can deliver the quality I expect with a $70k purchase. These build issues are disappointing to hear.

Yes all those issues are from my Model Y I picked up yesterday. I still took delivery since an interior can be cleaned and most scuff marks are not crazy visible. Im trying to get them to give me a paint repair kit so I can fix the paint issue. Not the end of the world but like you said not expected for a 70k car.

I personally can give them some slack because of the virus stuff going on, and the fact that I needed to dump my old car before its value plummeted more with the economy going to *sugar*, so was worth the few issues.

Please just cancel. Do the Tesla community a huge favor. It will give someone who doesn't think they are "entitled" to "Princess" treatment their car a little sooner... "Princess". Oh, boo hoo.

I honestly don’t understand how so many are accepting of the build/delivery issues I’ve been reading about on this board. The above response is just silly. Any person buying a vehicle should be satisfied with their purchase, even more so when spending ~$60k+. Sure, it seems all of issues can be rectified post delivery and if you’re ok taking care of it afterwards, that is completely fine. But the fact of the matter is, these cars are not inexpensive- misaligned panels and seats, paint inconsistencies, windshield clarity, dirty headliners/interiors, etc. are just not acceptable IMO. I’ve purchased many new vehicles from a variety of brands in my years and have never experienced any of that with any of them. The fact that so many defend or make excuses for Tesla is... definitely interesting.

My sibling has a M3 and I loved it immediately after I drove it, which led me to ordering the MY. I was scheduled for delivery tomorrow, much earlier than I anticipated and was very excited, but decided yesterday to hold off as timing just isn’t right. I really hope to hear less about these issues in the future as I still plan to be in a MY later this year.

• Disagree
Reactions: AhwatukeeDad
The silliness is the fake posts and unfortunately those like you who buy into them. Get a clue.

No the silliness is you and your conspiracy theories.

You know people can like a company and product and still be critical of them right? Thats how change happens. Get your own opinion instead of being a blind fan boy since thats all your capable of.

Get a clue.

IMG_7867.jpg

IMG_7865.jpg
IMG_7864.jpg
IMG_7863.jpg

You know the oldest rule on car forums: Pics or it didn't happen.

That enough for you?

You know people can like a company and product and still be critical of them right? Thats how change happens. Get your own opinion instead of being a blind fan boy since thats all your capable of.

Get a clue.

View attachment 527163
View attachment 527164 View attachment 527165 View attachment 527166

That enough for you?

Awful! Not sure why some people blindly defend a multi billion Corp that chose to build cars on a large scale. If you're gonna do it, do it right. Having worked in automotive factories for 10 years it's clear that these were rushed out the door to meet some quarterly goal and the service center and customer have to deal with it.
I love the car but hate how the company does business rushing out product and software before it's ready.

Get a clue.

View attachment 527163
View attachment 527164 View attachment 527165 View attachment 527166

That enough for you?

Eeewwww. That is not acceptable.

Makes you wonder what they were doing with that car ?

I’m in PA and because the stores are closed and they cannot deliver here they gave the car I was supposed to get last week to someone else. If they cannot get the car to you they are not storing it somewhere and waiting, they’ve given it to someone else. When Fremont opens back up we’ll see what happens, I hope they build me another and deliver soon but who knows...