Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NJ Delivery Postponed Indefinitely

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The difference is when Tesla does that, it becomes top news that they’re not following the state’s order. Any ice dealership gets away with it.
I think the difference is a local dealer/salesperson is generally more motivated to "bend the rules" and make the delivery happen because their profit/commission is tied to it. Whereas the average Tesla showroom employee is far less motivated as they don't work on commission.

• Disagree
Reactions: Reborn
I am trading in 2018 MX. This morning my advisor from Springfield said they are not scheduling deliveries for trade-in customers at the "moment". Then I spoke with delivery advisor in Vegas. He says there are no delays for trade-in customers. SMH!

I guess I will just wait for them to sort this out.

• Informative
Reactions: folman
Stopped by for a charge at Paramus location on 17N. Looks like some ready for delivery today

Attachments

• 43D01208-6652-4860-A2C1-D14BBAC6962B.jpeg
    43D01208-6652-4860-A2C1-D14BBAC6962B.jpeg
    311.6 KB · Views: 84
Reactions: folman
Please just cancel. Do the Tesla community a huge favor. It will give someone who doesn't think they are "entitled" to "Princess" treatment their car a little sooner... "Princess". Oh, boo hoo.

The silliness is the fake posts and unfortunately those like you who buy into them. Get a clue.

Hullo, what? I already said I wasn't interested in pictures, didn't care why op was unnaturally upset, and also didn't say they were fake. Not real swift are you? And what's your interest in this discussion anyway... hmmm, Troll?

Sorry OP, last post on this.

@Behynd, do you remember what you posted a couple days ago? I quoted you a couple times to help and yes, you did reference fake posts. I may not be real swift or have a clue, but my interest here in general is learning and reading other people's experience about the MY. What's your interest? And who is the troll?

I am trading in 2018 MX. This morning my advisor from Springfield said they are not scheduling deliveries for trade-in customers at the "moment". Then I spoke with delivery advisor in Vegas. He says there are no delays for trade-in customers. SMH!

I guess I will just wait for them to sort this out.

I'm scheduled for tomorrow and I have a trade-in. If all goes well, I'll update tomorrow after delivery.

I just got a call from my local delivery center (after I texted and asked for an update again). The rep I spoke with was very nice, and gave me some info. He said the major hold up in PA is that the DMV is closed with no online option for issuing tags. He also said they (Tesla) are unable to issue the temporary tags in our state. The delivery center was trained on touchless delivery, so they are ready to go once the DMV opens back up. They have a company call scheduled for this Wednesday which will give them an update on what the DMV's decision is to re-open, or open up some form of online processing. The rep said he does not have high hopes for them to open up in any form though. He also said they are sitting on about 200 cars waiting to be delivered (not all Y's, just in general), so he suspects if they can't get access to the DMV, and touchless deliveries aren't possible, all of Q2 (whenever things do eventually open back up) will be just deliveries back to back as many as they can cram into a day.

Might be a similar situation for NJ.

Mine is sitting at Devon Dealership since 3/21 (which was my original delivery date).....hopefully tonight's call brought some good news......

My delivery center is also Devon. No VIN for me yet. I've been texting/calling Christopher Alba over there. What is your spec?

Model 3 AWD Performance with upgrade. Black on Black. I had VIN, but isn’t listed on my account anymore, but still in html code.

They asked me if I wanted to move to Cherry Hill pick up on 3/20, and I said whatever they could do to get me the car, and haven’t heard anything since. Even my salesman Patrick can’t track the car working from home.

Not looking good with Wolf now shutting down all counties in PA.

Model 3 AWD Performance with upgrade. Black on Black. I had VIN, but isn’t listed on my account anymore, but still in html code.

They asked me if I wanted to move to Cherry Hill pick up on 3/20, and I said whatever they could do to get me the car, and haven’t heard anything since. Even my salesman Patrick can’t track the car working from home.

Not looking good with Wolf now shutting down all counties in PA.

Odd, I specifically asked them if I could take delivery in another state, and they said it wasn't possible. I pretty much went over all the tips and tricks I've been seeing around here for how people have been getting their cars, and he didnt think any of it was an option. I still don't have a VIN so I don't think it matters for me anyway, but I was just curious. I also told him I'd be open to different exterior colors. He said he would let his manager know. All we really need is for the DMV to open in some capacity (online). So, hopefully that can still happen with the state fully closed.

Odd, I specifically asked them if I could take delivery in another state, and they said it wasn't possible. I pretty much went over all the tips and tricks I've been seeing around here for how people have been getting their cars, and he didnt think any of it was an option. I still don't have a VIN so I don't think it matters for me anyway, but I was just curious. I also told him I'd be open to different exterior colors. He said he would let his manager know. All we really need is for the DMV to open in some capacity (online). So, hopefully that can still happen with the state fully closed.

I thought it was weird too. Attached is text I got from Devon Tesla.

I selected move to Cherry Hill and they said okay. I called Cherry Hill that day, and he tracked the car, and said it was in route to Devon still, and since it wouldn't get there until the 21st, they wouldn't be able to move it. That is the last I heard anything.

IMG_5719.PNG

I've asked my Delivery Advisor too about this (I am in PA) and she was of no help. Did not seem interested in discussing anything other than me waiting this out. It is a little frustrating seeing people in other states that have stay at home orders like PA getting their deliveries.

Officially took delivery today in NJ! All is well.

Minor cosmetic issues (stickers on tires that aren't easy to peel off....some dirt on the interior of both front doors)

Exterior...gap bigger than should be on passenger side trunk.

I'll call them tomorrow and see if anything can be done.

In the meantime, I'm just going to play around and start learning.

Wishing everyone waiting on their car the best of luck!

Reactions: DDrawer
Any updates for NJ deliveries since NY is back on? I wonder if they would move the car to Brooklyn from Springfield or Paramus to be able to get it.
I know Paramus NJ will not deliver to NY residence. I live in NY, but near Paramus NJ, and was given choice of Mount Kisco or Long Island as delivery locations on the Tesla web site.

Can you give me a source reference that says NY deliveries are on?

Got a call today about my MY AWD white with induction wheels. I was scheduled for Springfield delivery on the 28th but now my car seems to be in Princeton and they asked that i take delivery there. We agreed on Tuesday 4/7. I don't mind at all really b/c i'm from down that way and it will give me an opportunity to give my Mom a supply drop, but it still feels odd.