Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NJ Delivery Postponed Indefinitely

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How did the NJ rebate work out? What's the process to claim it?
The rebates aren't available yet, but you will be eligible for one for any purchase after the law was signed back in January. They were supposed to have it fully rolled out by June/July and then you could submit. After the full rollout it would be "cash on the hood" and applied at time of sale. Idk what the timeline looks like now.

Got a call today about my MY AWD white with induction wheels. I was scheduled for Springfield delivery on the 28th but now my car seems to be in Princeton and they asked that i take delivery there. We agreed on Tuesday 4/7. I don't mind at all really b/c i'm from down that way and it will give me an opportunity to give my Mom a supply drop, but it still feels odd.

I believe you will need to pick up your car in NY to get the $2000 NY ev credit.

The rebates aren't available yet, but you will be eligible for one for any purchase after the law was signed back in January. They were supposed to have it fully rolled out by June/July and then you could submit. After the full rollout it would be "cash on the hood" and applied at time of sale. Idk what the timeline looks like now.
I remember reading somewhere that we have to complete form ST-4 and provide it to the dealer ahead.... more details here:

Home - Drive Green - Air Quality, Energy and Sustainability (AQES) | Department of Environmental Protection

I remember reading somewhere that we have to complete form ST-4 and provide it to the dealer ahead.... more details here:

Home - Drive Green - Air Quality, Energy and Sustainability (AQES) | Department of Environmental Protection
You should get a completed ST-4 at delivery. That's the same form that exempts you from NJ sales tax and would have been submitted for the federal tax rebates before they sunsetted. I **assume** that your just need to provide it when the NJ rebate program is ready to take applications.

@folman was any of your door hinges/latches damaged? Mine had paint scuffing and damaged hinges and latches.

MY - Images

Sorry for the delay. I've been enjoying the Y. God damn that's a fun ride. Anyway..

My hinges/latches were nowhere near as bad as yours, but after looking at your pics I took at look at mine and found some minor nicks.

Here's my annoyances: Model Y Annoyances

My guess is I can clean the stains on the inside doors myself.

Not sure if anything can/will be done about the panel gaps. I've noticed no leakage or anything when driving in the rain.

The steering wheel marks just annoy me.

I have some egregious sticker residue on a couple tires, but it seems to wear off the more I drive so I'm letting it slide without complaint.

Lastly, I've never truly inspected a new vehicle as I have this one so I'm honestly not sure if I'm simply nitpicking or I have legit gripes. And seriously, I'm only going over this Y with a fine tooth comb because I've seen too many posts about defects so I got nervous. And I've learned what to look for when taking delivery of a new vehicle so it's a cool learning experience.

I'll probably email the service center soon with the pictures so at least it's on record. But even if these defects don't get serviced or attention, I'm still really, really happy with the vehicle. None of these annoyances are dealbreakers for me.

Picked up my Model Y in Princeton this afternoon. Aside from some minor issues that they said they will resolve ASAP, I'm really impressed. it is larger than i thought it would be and feels a lot more solid of a build than my previos '16 Xp90d and '18 Sp100d. I'm going to have to see if i can get used to the center screen...

Reactions: folman
Quick update on NJ deliveries - Did a test drive for 30 mins at the Princeton SC and the place was bustling. Two trailers full of Model Ys pulled up while we were there and there was a constant flow of deliveries happening. The staff gave us the standard answer of 4-8 weeks for Model Y deliveries but I am hoping its sooner.

We place an order this weekend we will see what happens.

PS Troys tracker shows about a month delta from order to delivery (NJ/NY):

upload_2020-7-1_15-29-41.png