Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NJ Delivery Postponed Indefinitely

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...like the title says. :(

It was supposed to be on Saturday, 3/28, but with NJ lock down I'll assume nothing resumes until we return back to normal which is probably months from now.

I think my only priority right now is finding out where my Model Y is now and where it will be stored. My best guess is it left the factor in CA already. If it's stored outside for months on end at my pickup location, I think I'd rather cancel and order again down the road. (Home delivery was never an option I was able to choose.)

F Corona.

Stay healthy all and enjoy your Model Y's for those that were lucky enough to get theirs by now!

...like the title says. :(

It was supposed to be on Saturday, 3/28, but with NJ lock down I'll assume nothing resumes until we return back to normal which is probably months from now.

I think my only priority right now is finding out where my Model Y is now and where it will be stored. My best guess is it left the factor in CA already. If it's stored outside for months on end at my pickup location, I think I'd rather cancel and order again down the road. (Home delivery was never an option I was able to choose.)

F Corona.

Stay healthy all and enjoy your Model Y's for those that were lucky enough to get theirs by now!
What was your order spec?

I talked to Paramus today and they are trying to work with the state to do touchless deliveries or deliver to your house. They have list of people who want the car right away and are willing to do this. My vin is now gone on my order page and also the delivery date. I'm back to payment method. Hopefully will have some resolution soon.

Do you know if they are doing home delivery? I am still seeing home delivery as an option under my account. I still do not have MVPA or VIN though. I am trading in my 2018 MX 75D. Not holding my breath.

I was supposed to pick up from the Springfield location. I'm not sure about home delivery. I know my address didn't qualify as I'm probably too far away even though that's the closest location to me.

I'm going to call them tomorrow and see if there's any other options on the table besides withholding the Y indefinitely.

I talked to Paramus today and they are trying to work with the state to do touchless deliveries or deliver to your house. They have list of people who want the car right away and are willing to do this. My vin is now gone on my order page and also the delivery date. I'm back to payment method. Hopefully will have some resolution soon.

I checked and my VIN number is there, but I am back at payment method even though I've already paid in full and Elon already got the funds from my bank account. I hope Springfield would deliver to my house, but I doubt that will happen. I'll call them tomorrow to see what my options are.

In California, apparently they are doing home deliveries only except for certain circumstances. Due to COVID, car dealerships don't count as essential businesses but shipping does. I think that's the loophole Tesla is using. Not sure what the lockdown entails for NJ though, maybe that's why.

Local Tesla delivery is closed today, its their day off. I will call tomorrow to confirm that. I have an assigned VIN and delivery date scheduled, AND I wired my down payment already so I wound be pissed if mine gets postponed indefinitely.

Looks like 5 Model Ys at the Paramus Rt 17 location. Waiting for delivery.

Attachments

• DDA58900-A7C2-4BFC-BF26-AAEE754AD552.jpeg
    DDA58900-A7C2-4BFC-BF26-AAEE754AD552.jpeg
    523.5 KB · Views: 155
  • 1CBFCDBB-1913-4C55-A94E-18ABE51CABB9.jpeg
    1CBFCDBB-1913-4C55-A94E-18ABE51CABB9.jpeg
    841.7 KB · Views: 96
In other words, you don't have any clue if NJ deliveries are really postponed Indefinitely or even postponed at all? Or did I misread something or miss some actual facts?

Here's the email I received.

This is Tesla Springfield reaching out regarding your Tesla delivery. Due to recent mandate from the State of New Jersey we are unable to deliver vehicles indefinitely. We will reach out as soon as we are able to resume normal business operations. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you are safe.

• Helpful
Reactions: Reborn
California was doing deliveries yesterday, so if they have a loophole there it should be the same for NY/NJ. My car is also sitting at Mt.Kisco...was even able to drive up to the lot and check it out (they have big VIN stickers on the windshield so you can easily find it).

depends where you at, in LA, they close Monday... but who knows because Tesla giving the run around
Moswissa, I saw your other thread. I'm sure its frustrating but you have to understand that they might not have all the answers for you right now. Trust me, Tesla wants to get you your vehicle before the end of Q1 probably more than you want it. I have a Y on the ground in NJ bought and paid for. I'm excited to take delivery. However, me taking delivery is not worth one person getting sick. It's not worth it.
States are changing things on a daily basis, I'm sure Tesla is doing their best to work within the guidelines to get deliveries made. No one is "giving you the run around"...

• Love
Reactions: Reborn
Moswissa, I saw your other thread. I'm sure its frustrating but you have to understand that they might not have all the answers for you right now. Trust me, Tesla wants to get you your vehicle before the end of Q1 probably more than you want it. I have a Y on the ground in NJ bought and paid for. I'm excited to take delivery. However, me taking delivery is not worth one person getting sick. It's not worth it.
States are changing things on a daily basis, I'm sure Tesla is doing their best to work within the guidelines to get deliveries made. No one is "giving you the run around"...

Yeah I hear what your saying, I just rather have a Tesla advisor be straight with me. if they need more time for whatever reason, they should communicate better esp when I have to take days off work.