Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NJ EV Credit Charge-Up Summer 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd love to see this post remain atop somehow of the Mid-Atlantic forum as it may be time sensitive. There have been posts in the past regarding whether it would be $5,000 going forward or would some pricing thresholds limit POS rebate. I do feel as we are 1/4 of the way through June, that if a July 1 resumption of the funding for credits is accurate, that will be here in no time. I have a Model Y on order that I've delayed for the NJ and possible Federal credits. Many folks in this forum have their fingers on the pulse of possible changes/delays in the NJ program, and I presume we're all awaiting any clue re: Federal credit. I'm ready to pull the final trigger should things gel correctly. While we don't mind speculation, if there is anyone with more substantiated information, please chime in.

Sounds as if they are out of luck. Did the State actually tell them that, or did someone merely assume that would happen? See the last paragraph of page 28 here:

That response was for people who purchased after December 15th, 2020 and up until the new program launches.

My application was approved but then they ran out of funds. I received an email that said this. I can't be the only one?

Congratulations! Your Charge up New Jersey Incentive application meets our eligibility criteria for your Tesla Model 3 for $5,000.00.

We have reached the funding cap for this fiscal year. Funding is allocated on a fiscal year basis and incentives are available only while funding lasts.

While your application meets all our eligibility criteria official approval is contingent upon funding of the FY22 Clean Energy Budget. The Board typically approves a budget at the end of June each year, and we anticipate renewed funding at that time. Your incentive check has been delayed until the next funding disbursement in Summer 2021. There is no action needed from you at the moment. You will receive an email once your check has been placed in the mail. We thank you for your patience.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

This is also on the Charge Up website in the FAQ:
I was told I met all the eligibility requirements but there is currently no funding. When will I receive my incentive and why is the program not funded?

If you meet all eligibility requirements and submit an application on or before the deadline of March 15, 2021, you will be informed on the timeframe to receive your incentive when your application is approved. Since the first year of the program was a Post-purchase incentive, the Board may appropriate funds in FY22 to fund eligible applicants who purchased a vehicle with the intent to receive the incentive. This will result in a delay of check issuance after approval. In future years, the program will be a Point-of-Sale program and will end when the funding is exhausted.

Reactions: Shark2222
My application was approved but then they ran out of funds. I received an email that said this. I can't be the only one?
I had some recent back-and-forth with ChargeUp... I don't have any real info to add other than we are still eligible for our $5,000 and it will be paid out in-full once ChargeUp gets approval for FY22 Clean Energy Budget. The only noteworthy addition in my email was;

Your incentive check will be delayed until the next funding disbursement in Summer 2021, which may be 90 days, up to 150 days from budget approval.

• Helpful
Reactions: ACDCTNT
fyi this thread appears to be more active:

I agree the other thread seems more active but this whole topic only affects NJ residents. Should have been here from the beginning

Reactions: mc02
I agree the other thread seems more active but this whole topic only affects NJ residents. Should have been here from the beginning
Sorry, I didn't realize there were regional forums like this one when I started the other thread back in March. I should have started it here.
Thanks for linking to it above. Sure has been a crazy couple of days since the program started. Good luck all!