Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NJ EV Credit Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I just placed an order for a M3 LR in NJ and am filling in my registration information and realized I don't have a NJ drivers license number yet (I just moved from another state for work).

Will this impact me getting the NJ EV rebate or should I wait to get my NJ license first? I just didn't want this to impact the order delivery date.

Thanks!

Reactions: Chemios
You will not get the rebate without an NJ drivers license number. I would not proceed further as I’m fairly confident you cannot change this information once it’s filed.

Also, as a new resident of the Garden State myself, schedule an appointment for a license ASAP as slots are difficult to find with Covid.

Tough, no appointments currently available online.

Would not filling out the registration, trade-in, payment method information until later impact delivery date at all?
You don’t get added to the queue otherwise. Your order will be in purgatory and will not proceed until your profile is complete. IMHO worth it to save thousands of dollars in taxes alone, plus the rebate. At least you locked in at current price before it goes up another thousand bucks.