Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NJ EV rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all. I have a question I wanted to ask everyone for a friend. He bought his M3 the day the $5k rebate ended in NJ, which was 12/15/20. So he should still be eligible for it. But, according to the program, they go by the date of the MVPA, and his was dated 12/16. Is he truly no longer eligible because of this or is there a way for him to still get that rebate? Thanks in advance!

Hi Gang, as many dealers due to pandemic low inventory/supply chain/microchip issues are charging a premium above MSRP. Anyone have a clue whether it is the window sticker MSRP price (exclusive of destination charge) is the actual number to qualify to receive a rebate when (if) NJ Charge Up rebate program is renewed in new fiscal year?

It would seem that any “mark-up” wouldn’t fall under the MSRP cap since that’s a dealer by dealer choice. It would be similar to The destination fee or accessories. Of course, NJ will need to clarify in the new guidelines, but that’s what my logic says.