Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NJ EV Vehicle Rebate Budget Cut

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Successful conclusion huh? With just one day's notice to the public. And the reply I received on 12/14 they were still sticking by the program being for 10yrs "signed by law". There's just absolutely no transparency with these programs, another example being the SREC cutoff of the state reaching 5.1% solar generation. Nobody could tell me for sure when that was going to be. I couldn't have known if it was reached before my PTO was issued.

NJBPU anticipates Phase Two will begin in summer 2021 and provide incentives at the time of purchase.

**** me. thats what I get for not monitoring this thread for ~2 weeks.

I was planning on commuting using the car. Hopefully I wont return to the office by the time they start the new phase. Though I wouldn't be surprised if this incentive never gets funded again.

Okay so just got confirmation via email from the state and they just updated their website: Program Eligibility

A purchase or lease is deemed completed when the purchaser or lessee of the vehicle has executed and signed a purchase or lease contract or security agreement. For Tesla and other manufacturers without a standard purchase or lease contract, the 'accepted by customer' date or the 'order date' of the vehicle will be considered the date of purchase or lease. If the Retail Installment Sales Contract (RISC) lists a date after 12/15/20, then we will require a vehicle configuration page as supplemental documentation.
Has anyone that accepted delivery after 12/15 applied for the rebate and heard back from the state?
I was supposed to accept delivery on the 12th, delayed to the 18th, delayed to the 26th, and now delayed to the 31st. They changed the date of agreement on my MVPA to 12/24/20.

Has anyone that accepted delivery after 12/15 applied for the rebate and heard back from the state?
I was supposed to accept delivery on the 12th, delayed to the 18th, delayed to the 26th, and now delayed to the 31st. They changed the date of agreement on my MVPA to 12/24/20.

Which Tesla location was this at? I ordered on 12/14, accepted delivery on 12/22. The first car I ordered was going to be delivered in Princeton and had issues with its steering wheel. They matched me the same day to another car at Paramus and my MVPA has "Accepted by Customer on" as 12/14. I haven't heard back from state yet but I think it should be fine as it was in compliance with their requirement.

Which Tesla location was this at? I ordered on 12/14, accepted delivery on 12/22. The first car I ordered was going to be delivered in Princeton and had issues with its steering wheel. They matched me the same day to another car at Paramus and my MVPA has "Accepted by Customer on" as 12/14. I haven't heard back from state yet but I think it should be fine as it was in compliance with their requirement.
Paramus. I ordered on 10/28. On the MVPA, it says "Accepted by Customer on" 10/29/2020, but on the second page, the "Date of Agreement" says 12/24/2020.

Paramus. I ordered on 10/28. On the MVPA, it says "Accepted by Customer on" 10/29/2020, but on the second page, the "Date of Agreement" says 12/24/2020.

Your MVPA should be only one page are you looking at your Loan/Lease agreement? I am not sure what documentation they give for purchase most likely some Sales Agreement. Till you submit your MVPA and the sale agreement i.e. Loan/Lease/Sales Agreement along with it, I was told by ChargeUP NJ it should be fine.

Your MVPA should be only one page are you looking at your Loan/Lease agreement? I am not sure what documentation they give for purchase most likely some Sales Agreement. Till you submit your MVPA and the sale agreement i.e. Loan/Lease/Sales Agreement along with it, I was told by ChargeUP NJ it should be fine.

Also when you finally take delivery they will send you an updated MVPA with the VIN, configuration. Make sure to check the dates at that time.

Also when you finally take delivery they will send you an updated MVPA with the VIN, configuration. Make sure to check the dates at that time.
My MVPA is 8 pages. The first page is the Vehicle Configuration and the second page is the Final Price Sheet. I'm calling ChargeUp tomorrow to make sure I qualify for the rebate. If not, I'm planning on refusing delivery and hoping they'll have Phase Two in the summer.

Anyone have any idea when the program will reopen?

The chargeup website just says "summer 2021"

Due to the success of the post-purchase incentive and limited funds, potential applicants must have purchased or leased their EV by December 15, 2020 to be eligible for the post-purchase incentive. Pending the approval of the Fiscal Year 2022 budget, the program will reopen with a point-of-sale incentive during Summer 2021 for vehicles purchased on/after the date of program re-launch.

Also it seems possible that a federal infrastructure bill may reintroduce credits for tesla, though it seems like it will have a hard time passing the house & senate. Not sure if its worth waiting to see if that pans out.

July 1st. see this thread (from model Y subforum) for more details: