Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NJ Inspection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

spokey

Aug 8, 2020
Flagtown
Just learned to my surprise that I won't have to get my MY inspected.

Is there some sort of registration sticker? Or you just risk getting pulled over from time to time?

What is the NJ owners experience with this?

thx

There is no inspection sticker in the window, never had a problem.

Another cool thing in NJ: discount on nj turnpike and garden state parkway tolls when you travel off-peak using the green discount plan. (:: Plan Descriptions and Discounts ::)

Thanks

Will need to apply when (if) I get my MY.

I've seen discussions on the transponder having problems. Do you have a windshield transponder? Any issues with it?

Do you know where there might be a list of qualifying vehicles? I was wondering if my wife's hybrid makes the list. I think the EPA is something like 52/54 so that should make the mileage bit but maybe the tailpipe doesn't.

Thanks

Will need to apply when (if) I get my MY.

I've seen discussions on the transponder having problems. Do you have a windshield transponder? Any issues with it?

Do you know where there might be a list of qualifying vehicles? I was wondering if my wife's hybrid makes the list. I think the EPA is something like 52/54 so that should make the mileage bit but maybe the tailpipe doesn't.

Not sure which vehicles qualify. However, I know EVs get access to the HOV lane on the turnpike without having the minimum number of passengers just like hybrids.

As far as transponder, I have a windshield one in my 3. Never an issue.

Enjoy the Y when (not if) you get it.