Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NJ Paramus or Springfield SC

NJ Paramus or Springfield SC?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First time bringing in our new to us MS for annual service and some beloved Tesla issues. Which SC did you find better?Paramus or Springfield?

Paramus is a little farther for me but hell if I get better service I am willing to travel a little father.

I've only used Springfield for service for my Sig X and only been to Paramus for events. Though I have been thinking of trying Paramus just to see if there is a difference. Both are about 75 minutes from my home in PA. Springfield used to treat me really well in the beginning with the multiple small issues and few more serious ones. Haven't really needed service since last yearly service in February though. Need to schedule second annual service soon though. The past 2 years have flown.

Likewise to a yelp or google review I read... I never got a direct connection with a person when I called Springfield for some info.

Sorry to judge a book by it's cover but based on first impressions from talking to both SCs asking them about general questions it sounds like I'm talking to clueless teenagers. First time was 4 different people telling me that extended warranties and annual services purchased are not transferable. lol. :eek:

I rolled with Paramus because I had better communication experience. I dropped off my P85. They will have my car for a little bit. Stoked to leave with a p85D ludicrous loaner! However, I called them at beginning of the week and end of the week for two weeks to make sure I had a Tesla loaner lol because they told me it's not guaranteed.

If the service result is good I'll stick with Paramus.

I guess everyone's experience varies but I prefer Springfield.

Below are my experiences with both SCs:

Springfield SC: Arrived at work in Summit, NJ with a screw in my tire (tire was not losing air). The SC offered to come to my place of work to pick-up my car, do the repair (tire replacement) at the SC and drive it back to me. Additionally, they mentioned there was a service bulletin for my build related to adjusting the camera pitch on the front-facing camera (AP2) which they updated. This was all done on the same day without a service appointment.

Paramus SC: Brought my car in because the rear passenger-side door handle was behaving oddly (handle would present as normal but there was an odd delay in the door opening when pulling the handle). Arrived at the SC in the AM and showed the technician. Around 4PM was told the car was ready. Upon arriving at the SC, I was told that the handle in question was operating within specs. They also mentioned that during a courtesy check, they found an issue with the rear driver-side door handle (which I thought was working perfectly). I get home and test both doors. The rear-side passenger door still has the delay (no surprise there since they didn't try to fix) and now the driver-side passenger door makes an odd vibration sound when closing the door. This wasn't there prior to the visit. So now I have 2 rear doors that have issues. This was back in Nov and I haven't had time to bring it back in. They also gave me an ICE loaner which at the time I really didn't mind but looking back made the whole experience sting a bit more.

Needless to say, I will probably use the Springfield SC in the future even though its a further drive from home.

Both SC's were very good at keeping me updated on progress (via text messages).

Went to Springfield for the 1st time ever and it was for a pickup so maybe Apples to Oranges (service vs pickup). Springfield facility is appalling compared to Paramus. Every SC is probably swamped but it was not a good experience. However, the people waiting for service seemed to get in and out real quick. I would make the extra drive to Paramus. Its unfortunate the LR M3 that we wanted was headed to Springfield and not Paramus. I think it would have turned out better at Paramus.

anyone getting any responses from either SC?
I know we get hit with snow but silent yesterday and today. I wanted to pickup my car before the storm last week but some reason my uber voucher was canceled... so trying to sort that out too. Also my car only has 60miles....
(sigh) Tesla customer service