Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NJ rebate is no more [for new orders going forward]

fuddy

Oct 25, 2020
NJ
Got a call from my SA today, the funding has run out....

from the NJ rebate site: Due to the overwhelming popularity of the Charge Up New Jersey program, most of the program’s FY 2021 funding will be allocated by the end of 2020. According to the EV program requirements (published in the FY 2021 Compliance Filing), all incentives are subject to availability of funds. Therefore, applicants must purchase or lease their EV on or before December 15, 2020 and submit their application to the program portal by March 15, 2021 to be eligible for a post-purchase incentive.

I'm getting my p3 delivered on the 23rd now so no 5k for me.

fuddy

Oct 25, 2020
NJ
he just texted me and said it was based on when you ordered.... back to your regularly scheduled programming.

solar3

Mar 11, 2019
NJ
he just texted me and said it was based on when you ordered.... back to your regularly scheduled programming.
I posted this on the Mid Atlantic thread a bit earlier. This is what I'm unclear on, whether you have to pickup the car by 12/15/2020, or if just having a contract signed by 12/15 also meets the deadline.

Moe55

Aug 7, 2020
NJ
when i ordered my car i emailed them and they said that it goes by when you take delivery and sign your contract/bill of sale.

jjrandorin

Moderator, Model 3, Tesla Energy Forums
Nov 28, 2018
Riverside Co. CA

(Moderator note: should I change the thread title, or merge it with the existing thread on the NJ Rebate? I hesitate to merge it, even though its on the same topic, as I understand this program is popular and the fact funding ran out would be important news to many looking to capitalize on the rebate. With that being said, it looks like the appropriate title would be NJ Rebate is no more [for new orders going forward]" or some such. If thats correct, let me know and I will amend thread title)

Ganadara

Dec 7, 2020
CHERRY HILL, NJ
Oh man... I am scheduled to get my M3 on the 21st.... But according to the website:
  • Vehicle must have a purchase/lease agreement dated between January 17, 2020 and December 15, 2020;
so I guess I need to take the delivery by the 15th, which is tmrw.. I am not sure what I should or can do at this point. without $5k rebate our monthly payment would go A LOT higher.

Does anyone know if the state is going to re-open the program? or have something similar to it??

fuddy

Oct 25, 2020
NJ
(Moderator note: should I change the thread title, or merge it with the existing thread on the NJ Rebate? I hesitate to merge it, even though its on the same topic, as I understand this program is popular and the fact funding ran out would be important news to many looking to capitalize on the rebate. With that being said, it looks like the appropriate title would be NJ Rebate is no more [for new orders going forward]" or some such. If thats correct, let me know and I will amend thread title)

Sure

jjrandorin

Moderator, Model 3, Tesla Energy Forums
Nov 28, 2018
Riverside Co. CA

(moderator note: title changed. I am going to leave this here for a bit because this is likely important news, even though it is NJ specific. I will likely move it to the NJ section of TMC at some later date, but this is important news so will stay here for now).

Nobel

Oct 24, 2020
New Jersey
I also called my delivery location (Paramus) just now and they told me that the state said it was based on when the order was placed. I am supposed to take delivery on 12/18.

When I asked for more details, they could not answer at the time since they are learning this news as we are.

fuddy

Oct 25, 2020
NJ
I also called my delivery location (Paramus) just now and they told me that the state said it was based on when the order was placed. I am supposed to take delivery on 12/18.

When I asked for more details, they could not answer at the time since they are learning this news as we are.

My SA in princeton said the same thing.

fuddy

Oct 25, 2020
NJ
Also, alot of people called the state and got a reply saying as long as the order was placed before the 15, you're good for the rebate.

hakunamattata

May 28, 2020
New Jersey
I ordered my car on 11/29 and just got my VIN today. The Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement says 11/29 and looking at the Charge Up application page it says purchase, not delivery. I think all of us who ordered are safe but fingers crossed!

Where did you find your MVPA, are you financing through Tesla? I believe if you finance through Tesla it appears as Loan Agreement in the Glovebox and not sure what date do they put there

hakunamattata

May 28, 2020
New Jersey
Thanks, I ordered yesterday in the evening and got a VIN right away, mine does not show a Purchase Agreement. I am not sure if it is different for a lease

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-15 at 6.36.33 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-15 at 6.36.33 AM.png
    336.2 KB · Views: 17

Doggiedog

Jul 1, 2020
Fort Lee, NJ
Where did you find your MVPA, are you financing through Tesla? I believe if you finance through Tesla it appears as Loan Agreement in the Glovebox and not sure what date do they put there

I originally financed through Tesla but then switched to a different bank. The MVPA appears under the Lemon Law Disclosure for me.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC