Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NJ rebate is no more [for new orders going forward]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

fuddy

Oct 25, 2020
NJ
Got a call from my SA today, the funding has run out....

from the NJ rebate site: Due to the overwhelming popularity of the Charge Up New Jersey program, most of the program’s FY 2021 funding will be allocated by the end of 2020. According to the EV program requirements (published in the FY 2021 Compliance Filing), all incentives are subject to availability of funds. Therefore, applicants must purchase or lease their EV on or before December 15, 2020 and submit their application to the program portal by March 15, 2021 to be eligible for a post-purchase incentive.

I'm getting my p3 delivered on the 23rd now so no 5k for me.

he just texted me and said it was based on when you ordered.... back to your regularly scheduled programming.
I posted this on the Mid Atlantic thread a bit earlier. This is what I'm unclear on, whether you have to pickup the car by 12/15/2020, or if just having a contract signed by 12/15 also meets the deadline.

he just texted me and said it was based on when you ordered.... back to your regularly scheduled programming.

(Moderator note: should I change the thread title, or merge it with the existing thread on the NJ Rebate? I hesitate to merge it, even though its on the same topic, as I understand this program is popular and the fact funding ran out would be important news to many looking to capitalize on the rebate. With that being said, it looks like the appropriate title would be NJ Rebate is no more [for new orders going forward]" or some such. If thats correct, let me know and I will amend thread title)

Oh man... I am scheduled to get my M3 on the 21st.... But according to the website:
  • Vehicle must have a purchase/lease agreement dated between January 17, 2020 and December 15, 2020;
so I guess I need to take the delivery by the 15th, which is tmrw.. I am not sure what I should or can do at this point. without $5k rebate our monthly payment would go A LOT higher.

Does anyone know if the state is going to re-open the program? or have something similar to it??

(Moderator note: should I change the thread title, or merge it with the existing thread on the NJ Rebate? I hesitate to merge it, even though its on the same topic, as I understand this program is popular and the fact funding ran out would be important news to many looking to capitalize on the rebate. With that being said, it looks like the appropriate title would be NJ Rebate is no more [for new orders going forward]" or some such. If thats correct, let me know and I will amend thread title)

Sure

I also called my delivery location (Paramus) just now and they told me that the state said it was based on when the order was placed. I am supposed to take delivery on 12/18.

When I asked for more details, they could not answer at the time since they are learning this news as we are.

I also called my delivery location (Paramus) just now and they told me that the state said it was based on when the order was placed. I am supposed to take delivery on 12/18.

When I asked for more details, they could not answer at the time since they are learning this news as we are.

My SA in princeton said the same thing.

I ordered my car on 11/29 and just got my VIN today. The Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement says 11/29 and looking at the Charge Up application page it says purchase, not delivery. I think all of us who ordered are safe but fingers crossed!

Where did you find your MVPA, are you financing through Tesla? I believe if you finance through Tesla it appears as Loan Agreement in the Glovebox and not sure what date do they put there

Thanks, I ordered yesterday in the evening and got a VIN right away, mine does not show a Purchase Agreement. I am not sure if it is different for a lease

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-15 at 6.36.33 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-15 at 6.36.33 AM.png
    336.2 KB · Views: 73