TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

NJ recommended body shop

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by T.Antony, Jan 11, 2019.

1. T.Antony

T.Antony Member

Can anyone recommend a good Tesla approved body shop in NJ? While at a stop, another driver reversed her car and hit the front of my Model 3. Light bumper damage, got it on the dash cam (woohoo!). Anyway, I need to get an estimate for the repair so I can make a claim to her insurance company. I search Tesla support for body shops. There are bunch. Peotter’s in Summit has lots of 5 star ratings. Just want to get someone’s recommendation if they’ve had a repair done at an NJ body shop.

I’ll try to upload the video. Just need to find a way to obscure her license plate first. Here’s a picture though.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Nelson

Nelson Member

Benners in Cranford fixed a small ding in my chargeport and a gouge on the hood which included painting a good portion of the hood. Came out great, for me it was easy because they are a Geico ARX approved and Tesla approved so was a quick drop off and they have a Enterprise desk on site and the whole process was pretty seamless.

Benner's Auto Body | Cranford Auto Body Tesla Experts | GIECO Approved

• Like x 1
  3. Stretch2727

Stretch2727 Engineer and Car Nut

My deck lid was repainted by Peotter's shop after delivery. (Delivery issue) Pretty minor, but the car came back perfect. Professional dealing with them.

Home

I would call the service center, they will give you 3-4 certified shops, but if Peotter's is close by I would go with them.

4. T.Antony

T.Antony Member

Thank you both. Benners and Peotters are both not far. Benners has a great reputation in Cranford. I lived there for a long while. Got a recommendation for Dobb’s as well. Not crazy about them, I’ve known them for years. Peotters is a little closer to me than Benners. Got great reviews too. And on your word about the paint coming out perfect, I think I’m sold. Gonna get their estimate and claim it through her insurance company.

Thanks again!

5. T.Antony

T.Antony Member

BTW, how do you pronounce that? “Peters”, “Potters”, “Poahthers” (long O), “Peeawtters”, ...? No clue.

6. Shateam

Shateam Member

Sorry to hear.

I used Mountain View Auto in Wayne. Very professional and I recommend them.

Repair on a Model S to re-paint the rear bumper, replace the rear diffuser and re-calibrate the parking sensors.

Took about a week to complete.

New Jersey Auto Collision Repair Center

• Like x 1
  7. KerryOH

KerryOH Member

I second the recommendation of New Jersey Auto Collision Repair Center. Mike Daniel is a Tesla repair wizard. They fixed my MX rear quarter panel and the car was perfect. Only issue was waiting almost 4 months for the parts to arrive from Tesla. Good luck with your M3.

• Like x 1
  8. Burrito

Burrito Member

i'm equal distant away from peotters(summit) and ultimate collision (edison), i'm leaning to peotters due to their rating but looking for feedback either way. damage is minimal but want my car perfect :p when i get it back. rear ended, teslacam is awesome!
    0D967182-BBE6-47B6-93F0-8FB045039907.jpeg DA7D8463-688E-408C-9E49-D410980451E0.jpeg