Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NJ Short Hills - Supercharger available?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I'm trying to sort out whether the Short Hills Tesla shop in New Jersey has any Superchargers open to owners. I'm not seeing it on the list, which I find kind of odd. We're trying to plan a trip and need a hotel that would be near to a Supercharger to be able to do things along the way (ie. I'm not looking for destination chargers). Thanks for any info...

Nope, the store in short hills is just a gallery really. They have some chargers for the test drive cars, but nothing for the public. Thats typically how the Tesla stores are, the ones that do have superchargers (like Paramus) are because they happen to be on good travel roots, and are the exception.

There are a ton of other superchargers in NJ, you shouldn't have any issue finding one that will work.

Reactions: TrevTremaine
SpCs are not usually placed at service centers, I know of only a few that are
try using www.plugshare.com to locate the closest chargers to short hills nj

Thanks for the info. However, in New Jersey the closest (happens not to be Tesla) is something run by a company called NRG EVgo. In fact, most around the area I'm visiting are by the same company. The problem is that they look for a year-long contract as best as I can figure out. I'm still looking at options as where we need to be around is Morristown/Mendham. I guess the easiest/closest would be Paramus...will mull it over.

I'm actually surprised that internally Tesla hasn't thought to provide SCs at both showrooms and service centers, but then again now that I think of it, they didn't have any chargers at the storefront in the mall when I was looking at getting a Tesla.

From the EVgo FAQ
"We offer subscription plans to ensure the highest level of value and convenience for our drivers. In addition, to activate a charger without a subscription, please call our call center from the station and they will be happy to assist you with an individual charge."

So you should be able to charge your Tesla without having to sign-up for a subscription.

I have not used this company's chargers, so I can't say how convenient they make it for one-off charges.

Thanks for the info. However, in New Jersey the closest (happens not to be Tesla) is something run by a company called NRG EVgo. In fact, most around the area I'm visiting are by the same company. The problem is that they look for a year-long contract as best as I can figure out. I'm still looking at options as where we need to be around is Morristown/Mendham. I guess the easiest/closest would be Paramus...will mull it over.

I'm actually surprised that internally Tesla hasn't thought to provide SCs at both showrooms and service centers, but then again now that I think of it, they didn't have any chargers at the storefront in the mall when I was looking at getting a Tesla.
the chargers you are referring to are not Super Charges. maybe they are chademo chargers and you need to have the tesla adapter to use them, if they are operational.
to repeat. www.plugshare.com would be useful for you tp consult. maybe the hotel you're staying at will have an L2 that you could charge up at overnight

I live very close to Short Hills and there are only HPWC chargers by the McCormick Seafood place. And the chargers are always plugged into the demo cars. If you are in a pinch you can call the store and they will let you charge. Check out the Livingston Mall which is 15 minutes away they have Level 2 chargers and CHadeMO if you have the adapter.

if people would use the tools available things would be easier for them, this hotel is very close to short hills and is from the find us on the tesla site.
The Grand Summit Hotel
  • 570 Springfield Ave

Summit, NJ 07901
    Charging
    2 Tesla Connectors, up to 40A.
    Available for patrons only. Please see front desk.