Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NJ state rebate question

ATPMSD

Mar 12, 2021
Atlanta, GA

Aurorae

Jul 20, 2021
New Jersey
"$5,000 toward a new EV purchased or leased..."

Great to know! Thank you for the link.

Aurorae

Jul 20, 2021
New Jersey
The 5K rebate should bring down my lease payment below $400 per month when paying the lowest drive-off possible which was $1455. I am super excited about the base model3 as a previous model S owner.

skaf7973

Jul 21, 2021
New Jersey
Hello,

I see that NJ has 5K rebate for under 45K EVs. Does anyone know if I still can qualify if I decide to lease Model 3 instead of purchasing?
I am trying to purchase a Tesla model 3 from the Springfield location in NJ...I have a vin #... Vehicle is being delivered tomorrow however I was told their computers aren't set up to accept the $5000 point of sale credit.... The Tesla support said NJ point of sale didn't start yet...Also told if I don't pick up by July 30 car will be released....please help

MG535

3SR+ ordered 7/22 (blue/black/19s). EDD 9/10-16
Jul 22, 2021
NJ USA
That’s super disappointing. I was actually going to post if NJ-based buyers have been getting the POS rebate after the program resumed in July as a POS rebate (rather than mail-in post purchase).
The program is definitely active again; other OEMs (or their dealers technically) have been selling or leasing EVs with the rebate applied at POS since early July 2021.

skaf7973

Jul 21, 2021
New Jersey
I actually did that...I texted the link to Tesla... suddenly the rebate is up and running...My new delivery date is Monday..... Thank you for all your help.... I just sent deposit (-5k$)

Reactions: ATPMSD

MG535

3SR+ ordered 7/22 (blue/black/19s). EDD 9/10-16
Jul 22, 2021
NJ USA
I actually did that...I texted the link to Tesla... suddenly the rebate is up and running...My new delivery date is Monday..... Thank you for all your help.... I just sent deposit (-5k$)
Thanks for the updates!

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC